Thread: Securing rain cover at the SCG

Question Securing rain cover at the SCG

I'm thinking about getting general admission tickets to the Sydney vs Brisbane game.

Is there rain shelter in general admission? Enough for everyone who's likely to be in general admission on the day?

And if I upgrade to Gold or Platinum tickets, how do I tell whether my certain seats are under shelter before buying them?

It's not clear at all from the map on the Ticketek website.

Thanks,

Steven.

Senior Player
    Hello Steven.

Funny you ask - I was just commenting on the inclement weather/covered seat thing in another post.

I've been in Australia for twenty-three years. I love this country and would not return to England for all the money in the world.
    But it took me a lot less than twenty-three years to realise the "macho Aussie / Croc Dundee" image is a myth !
    Well , it certainly is in Sydney , at any rate.

I guess you could pop in to Ticketek and check.

But , really , if you are a bloke between the ages of 12 and 80 , in reasonably good health , not bringing a small child / infirm friend or relative , you can:

(a) wear a waterproof jacket
    (b)toughen up

The joy of shouting my guts out for the Swans , accompanied by a torrential downpour , is a joy beyond description.

If it does rain , please PLEASE come to Bay 7 and you may get an idea of what I mean.

The following sections should be undercover: O'Reilly Stand (but front few rows might get wet depending on wind), Churchill Stand (ditto), Brewongle Stand (ditto), Trumper stand (ditto). And the last 5-6 rows of the Trumper concourse.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger;
    But , really , if you are a bloke between the ages of 12 and 80 , in reasonably good health , not bringing a small child / infirm friend or relative , you can:

(a) wear a waterproof jacket
    (b)toughen up
    I was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw the title of the thread!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sat in Trumper concourse for the Bulldogs game, I think it's about the last 7-8 rows are under cover.

Thanks ugg & desredandwhite. That's a big help.

As it happens, there'll be more kids than adults in the group I'm buying tickets for, but even when I'm just buying ticket adult friends I like to know what I'm asking them to spend money on. Come to think of it, even when I'm spending my own money I like to know what I'm buying. You'd think Ticketek would include basic information like this its online map.