Thread: Gore Hill Oval

Gore Hill Oval

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows where the usual warm-up spots are at Gore Hill Oval? I've only played cricket there & can't think of where is best to warm-up, other than wearing sneakers and getting on the basketball court out the back of the rooms. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!
    In every game there is going to be a cross-road, and when you get to that cross-road you either step up, or you step down!

Almost Football Legend
    There's a grass area next to the basketball courts, and a grass track between the ground and the cemetery. Not a lot of room in either place, but enough to do the warmups.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Thanks mate appreciate it!
    In every game there is going to be a cross-road, and when you get to that cross-road you either step up, or you step down!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you're game, behind the basketball courts there's the (easy to do an ankle on) pathway/driveway for the cemetery that a lot of junior teams used to take the kids out to do some longer, straight kicking in. I've also seen teams walk over to the council's exercise area (in the outer on the other side of the highway end goals from the clubhouse)- it's not a bad idea, it's all woodchip underfoot (from memory) in the exercise area and lots of (sloped) grass areas around there.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time