Thread: Open Mike with Adam Goodes

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar

Open Mike with Adam Goodes

Fox Footy showed the first 30 minutes tonight. The hour episode is on Sunday night.

If you missed it or can get to see it, it's certainly worth watching.

Adam was very open about many things.

- Racism in the game - Fairly explicit examples of what he has experienced and how there are some Swan"s guys that had never shaken hands with an indigenous person until they met him;
    - Racist comments from his own relatives when he was attending school;
    - His own behaviour when he let the team down - No reports then 8 since 2007. especially hitting the Demon guy in the back and this year's slides;
    - His footy history - Playing soccer and how at about 13 he came to play Aussie Rules. The local soccer was too savage where he moved to near Mildura from Adelaide;
    - The 2004 PCL injury and how he kept playing;
    - The bloods culture - how it operates;
    - The 2005 GF series and how Leo should have kicked the ball to him as he was free on the boundary and instead kicked it to the Jolly Cox contest.
    - The Geelong game last year - and the teams mental approach to and in the game;
    - How he gets his inspiration and advice from posters on RWO. - OK , I made that one up.

It certainly showed why Adam is so highly regarded amongst his peers and the Swans fans.
    Last edited by BillyRayCypress; 21st June 2012 at 01:02 AM.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Is this being replayed, I didn't tape it and can't see it on Fox Footy on Sunday anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by anniswan View Post
    Is this being replayed, I didn't tape it and can't see it on Fox Footy on Sunday anywhere
    On again at 11.30 this morning, 5.30 this afternoon, midnight tonight. It's on quite a lot with the last showing being 11am Saturday. There doesn't appear to be an hour long episode this week.

I don't think we have much to worry about with Goodsie retiring any time soon, Mike made mention of him playing his 400th and that it will take another five years, he said as long as he's playing his part in the team he'll keep going.

Just watched this on replay. Gee i love this Club. I mean what a joy to hand over your hard earned to support this Red&White family.

Well done Adam!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Someone's uploaded it to YouTube

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    God he is such a beautiful man. Thank you so much for posting that Ugg; I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.