Thread: The year of playing surprisingly

Blog Entries

The year of playing surprisingly

Ted and Jetstar made the grade!!!

B: Alex Rance (Rich), Darren Glass (WC), Michael Johnson (Frem)
    HB: Brent Reilly (Adel), Ted Richards (Syd), Bob Murphy (WB)
    C: Brent Stanton (Ess), Jobe Watson (Ess), Trent Cotchin (Rich)
    HF: Lewis Jetta (Syd), Nick Riewoldt (StK), Steele Sidebottom (Coll)
    F: Taylor Walker (Adel), Jack Riewoldt (Rich), Lance Franklin (Haw)
    Foll: Ivan Maric (Rich), Scott Pendlebury (Coll), Gary Ablett (GC)
    Inter: Scott Thompson (Adel), Joel Selwood (Geel), Patrick Dangerfield (Adel), Dane Swan (Coll)
    Read more: The year of playing surprisingly

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's nice recognition for both of them, they really have had excellent seasons. I'm particularly pleased for Ted, he's always tried his very hardest and it's been wonderful of the last year to see him really blossom into a role and hold a position.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Well done to both of them. The team seems a ruckman short though.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    Good for Teddy and Jetts - lets hope they can step it up further in the second half of the season!

Kennedy is pretty stiff to not get a look in, however it is a strong midfield. Not sure on some of the choices in the team put forward, particularly the 2 x Riewoldts (Jack in particular), Rance and Bob Murphy, but otherwise it looks pretty handy to me. Lets hope Goodsey, Mummy and a few others push for a spot from now on in too....

Veteran Site Admin
    I see that in the article, the team is listed as Connolly's AA at this stage - not a team of "playing surprisingly". I was about to protest that names like Glass, Selwood, Ablett, Pendlebury, the Riewoldts, Swan, Thompson and Franklin hardly belong on a list of "playing surprisingly".

I'd argue that Ted doesn't really, either -not for anyone who watched him last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Kennedy is pretty stiff to not get a look in, however it is a strong midfield.
    Speaking of Kennedy (couldn't find the old thread from when he was on fire earlier this season), How many Brownlow points would he have polled since possibly entering Round 6 with a tally of 12-15?

He hasn't been bad, indeed very solid, others are stepping up and taking the points but I suspect not too many 3, 2 or 1 performances have been achieved from him in rounds 6-11. His TAB price has blown out to $21.00 (after being as short as $7.00) which is also a fair guide.

I am a huge fan of JPK, so it would be great to see him return to that early season dominance.

Veterans List
    I reckon Jack has more votes than Kennedy to date.

a very tall forward line - interesting in the wet

The tall forwards are only there to clear out the space for Jett's to run into anyway. Some pretty decent decoys tho!!!!

Great to see some recognition for these guys. Mick Malthouse and then Richo and Nick Riewoldt picked their mid-season AA teams in Game Day last Sunday. Ted and Jetts made Mick's team along with JPK and Rhyce Shaw.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I reckon Jack has more votes than Kennedy to date.
    I agree and i reckon he is heading to his second b&f if he keeps what he is doing up, very underated player.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    There were 3 medals on offer in the first four weeks and JPK won all of them. It would be a brave umpire to go against that and give the three votes to someone else