Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The life and times of Nick Davis

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If they had passed the ball to him when he led 20/30 metres into the clear on numerous occasions, instead of being Hall-centric, he would have been hailed a superstar.
    That's what Nick said Nico. Oh wait . . . Nicko D???

The players who were playing for Geelong in 2005 and are still on the list; Bartell, Byrnes (don't think he played though), Chapman, Corey, Enright, J. Hunt, Johnson, Kelly, Lonergan (on list), Mackie (not sure he played), Scarlett & Wojcinski.

So at most 11 players who are picked for tonight and possibly only 9 played in the match. I think to most of the Geelong players Nick is a legend but no more. But to Scarlett, Kelly, Corey & co he is very much a bogeyman.

Had a leisurely lunch watching the last quarter of the game. Shoot it was good all round. Monty, Luke, Peb, Jude, Bally, Kirky, Schneider, they all ran themselves into the ground making sure Nic had a shot. Not so leisurely after all.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I wonder if the Geelong players will have heart attacks when they see him on the field tonight
    What's the penalty if a runner snatches the ball out of a pack and kicks truly from a tight angle tonight????

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    What's the penalty if a runner snatches the ball out of a pack and kicks truly from a tight angle tonight????
    Imagine the roar from the crowd....epic!!

Can u rookie list a 32 y o?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Funny that most people on here liked him as a player. I found him to be a very lazy and frustrating footballer.
    Look at Dale Lewis
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Pushing for Selection
    Swans website published an awesome 5 min recap of the 2005 semi today. I just love watching that over and over!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Thanks King Roosy for posting the Nick Davis final goal in the 2005 Semi. Have seen it 100s of times of course, but have NEVER heard the 3AW commentary of it. Those commentators should listen to Anthony Hudson's TV commentary of the final moments. His call was magnificent seeing he's a Cat supporter - no mention of robbery or tragedy like the 3AW guys call! I wonder if anyone in the media would have called it robbery or a tragedy if the Bombers had've got up against us a couple of weeks ago.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Relevant bump - Davo is now on Twitter, @DavisNick_2!

He just tweeted this:

Amazing arvo training with the Vanuatu U16 AFL team with @KurtTippett8 @sydneyswans @AFL #guns #canplay #goodluck
    Nick Davis on Twitter: "Amazing arvo training with the Vanuatu U16 AFL team with @KurtTippett8 @sydneyswans @AFL #guns #canplay #goodluck http://t.co/qE1qqDHg8P"

Jus saw Tadgh on SportsFan Clubhouse talking about how the Swans suspended Nick Davis for 6 weeks (didn't say for what) in 2005 and how well he then played in the final against Geelong.
    Didn't remember him being suspended by the Swans, but my memory is not what it used to be and that was a long time ago (2005).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Jus saw Tadgh on SportsFan Clubhouse talking about how the Swans suspended Nick Davis for 6 weeks (didn't say for what) in 2005 and how well he then played in the final against Geelong.
    Didn't remember him being suspended by the Swans, but my memory is not what it used to be and that was a long time ago (2005).
    He played 23 games in 2005, so it must have been 2006 where he missed 6 games on the trot.

AFL Tables - Nick Davis - Stats - Statistics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast