Thread: Roos on Longmire

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Roos on Longmire

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226404791101

During the eight years John and I worked together as coaches at Sydney, there is no doubt we evolved in our views about football.
    "Horse" retained many of the great lessons he learned under Denis, but even when he had a slightly different view about tactics or selection, you couldn't have asked for a more loyal assistant coach.
    Once a decision was made, he would support it 100 per cent and would defend it to anyone and everyone.

Lots of man love <3

I hated the 'succession plan' that Roos put in place. I thought Horse would be a Roos clone, in terms of coaching philosophy....
    thankfully, I was 100% wrong.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Lots of man love <3
    They called him "Horse" and when Roosy went into the rooms after the game to meet him he was the biggest 16 y.o. he'd ever seen.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Good article. Nice that Roos has partially let go. I'm a bit with EK that we had a succession plan that was feelgood in its grace but seemed set to deliver more of the same in a changing game. Instead we've had an evolution under JL. And it's very rarely discussed - he seems to fly under the radar, too.

Perfect timing from Roosy. It will have been a tough week for John Longmire. Good men, both of them.

Love the Bloods spirit.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Good article. Nice that Roos has partially let go. I'm a bit with EK that we had a succession plan that was feelgood in its grace but seemed set to deliver more of the same in a changing game. Instead we've had an evolution under JL. And it's very rarely discussed - he seems to fly under the radar, too.
    In most cases succession plans are put in place to put the right person in the job. Human nature says that person will rarely follow the predecessor to the letter. To put someone in to follow purely a game plan ignores the fact that they could be the wrong person, and could possibly lose the players.