Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Swans Geelong match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Heard that one. He said when he initially took the mark he turned and took 2 steps. That is when the umpire called play on and not for the feigned hand pass.
    Thats just a convenient excuse so that they didnt have to admit 2 BIG errors in the one game. If this rule was strictly enforced, every player that takes a mark on the run towards goal, has to be called to have played on because its physically impossible to stop the instant you take a mark.

Giesch should be a politician, he lies incredibly well with a straight face!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Heard that one. He said when he initially took the mark he turned and took 2 steps. That is when the umpire called play on and not for the feigned hand pass.
    He was walking back from the man on the mark. You are allowed to do it. In fact, it is impossible to move back from the man on the mark without doing it. I've heard some tish in my time but this is as steaming as any.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Did anyone noticed AJ?

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Thought Teddy was good, really good and got a few doubtful frees paid against him early in the second.
    The whole back line was fantastic. I have to praise Shaw for providing run but there were times when his man got loose and it was costly. But I though AJ was sensational as well.

Loved the ruck combo just pivotal for us doing so well in the first quarter and a goal in the third. Both boys were fabulous tonight.

Jack is sensational! Jettstar just the best! Armstrong was wonderful, his delivery is great.

The Umpiring sucked BIG TIME!!!!!!

I just want to know why we start a game with a wonderful game plan to run the ball and kick to point and then in the remaining three quarters just bomb the ball to packs.

Lots more I could say but just took an Endone so off to bed!!
    Only thread that has praised Alex Johnston. I seriously thought he was BOG. His touches and punches and putting his body on the line to block his opponent was fantastic. Not one mention in the press. Also all these from just a 20 yr old!!
    I also agree that Jetta is becoming a star. Did not do a lot but that tackle on Selwood was the tackle of the season, and after that did you notice that when a Geelong player had the ball and saw it was Jetta approaching that they instantly kicked the ball and did not bother trying to find a target!!
    Pyke is now becoming an asset, he is really understanding how to play the game. Smart guy.

Pyke is just now getting up to the speed of AFL level footy, such is the gap between our ressies comp and top level. From this point we can hope to see a steady improvement from Myke and even better contributions, clearly an asset to the team and when Mummy gets to be fit, Myke may wel be kept in to play a role forward more than the ruck
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Warming the Bench
    Agreed, I love the way Pyke goes about it and some of his taps are very sharp. I think he definitely has a spot in the side while Mummy is getting back to his best form.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Mummy is 100% in 3-5 weeks time, considering how the rucking is going over at North with Goldstein.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Only thread that has praised Alex Johnston. I seriously thought he was BOG. His touches and punches and putting his body on the line to block his opponent was fantastic. Not one mention in the press. Also all these from just a 20 yr old!!
    I also agree that Jetta is becoming a star. Did not do a lot but that tackle on Selwood was the tackle of the season, and after that did you notice that when a Geelong player had the ball and saw it was Jetta approaching that they instantly kicked the ball and did not bother trying to find a target!!
    Pyke is now becoming an asset, he is really understanding how to play the game. Smart guy.
    AHEM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I also want to put in a quick word for AJ. He ws really good last night. Seemed to be everywhere in the back line and for a 20 year old, he plays with such poise and calmness. Love him
    Life's not a spectator sport

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Veterans List
    Still reckon it warranted a 50 metre penalty. Enright knocked the ball away after he marked the footy, then he knocked it away on the ground and you see him look towards the umpire to see if he got away with it.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Becoming more and more comfortable with that trade every week.

In Praise of Myke. That wrestle standing near the boundary line where he and a Geelong bloke had a grip of the footy, he was wrestling the footy with strength and intent, not the bloke.
    Ball nearly burst. Loved it to pieces.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did they make Andrej's run laps after the game?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Did they make Andrej's run laps after the game?
    They couldn't stop him. Although i'm not sure why he did it with his arms in the air?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314