Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are still 2nd on the ladder!!!

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Right now percentage is the difference between 2nd and 5th.

Every goal for and against is very important now, not just the wins

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Damn straight, our blokes give everything, including LRT(so there's no confusion). We'll get better too from here
    Absolutely he gives everything, I don't think Lewis ever gives less than 100% of his abilities.

As the only AFL player they'd produced he was the patron saint of the first footy club that my son ever played for, the guy is a champ.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Right now percentage is the difference between 2nd and 5th.

Every goal for and against is very important now, not just the wins
    This year, more then any other I can remember, percentage is going to be vital and could very well sort the men from the boys come September!

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Absolutely he gives everything, I don't think Lewis ever gives less than 100% of his abilities.

As the only AFL player they'd produced he was the patron saint of the first footy club that my son ever played for, the guy is a champ.
    It's the attitude of LRT and the impact of it on others that will take us to a premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    It's the attitude of LRT and the impact of it on others that will take us to a premiership.
    Lid!!!!!!
    But i agree, attitude is important
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Matty Lloyd on the Channel 9 footy show this morning predicts us to play in a prelim final this year.....and I rate him as astute. Hopefully we can stay free of further injuries as now a top 4 is a real possibility.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Matty Lloyd .....and I rate him as astute.
    Dare I ask in what?

Throwing grass up in an indoor stadium.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Def possibility but a tough run home. With our draw 1st half of the season we should be Top 2. Im predicting a 5-6 finish. I think the Pies and Eagles are morals. Then us, Hawks, Crows and Bombers all fighting it out. Wont be an easy end to the year!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Def possibility but a tough run home. With our draw 1st half of the season we should be Top 2. Im predicting a 5-6 finish. I think the Pies and Eagles are morals. Then us, Hawks, Crows and Bombers all fighting it out. Wont be an easy end to the year!
    I thought that the Swans are playing neater footy than the Pies/Eagles did in their game this weekend so not sure that you can say those two are certs (though you can if you live south of the Murray). The Crows were looking the best but certainly had their falling apart moment this weekend (think the Tigers for us). The Hawks and Bombers seem a bit more fragile than the rest of the front runners.

The Pies' forwards ability to take contested marks is wonderful to watch. I wish we could do the same (the way our backs can).

If you want to take a glass half full approach, we have a few games that could further boost our all-important percentage and a few that decide our destiny. There's no doubt that the Eagles, Pies and Hawks game are 8-pointers. If we win a couple of these and don't drop the games we should win then we should be Top 4 and having a shot at a Premiership. But, as I posted elsewhere, the gorilla on our back is our non-ability to beat the Pies - hopefully Horse v Bucks is a whole new proposition and we'll show them why we defeat other "flag favourites". Beat the Pies and I'll be organising my September. But go down to them again and they'll be fantasising that they get us in the GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I thought that the Swans are playing neater footy than the Pies/Eagles did in their game this weekend so not sure that you can say those two are certs (though you can if you live south of the Murray). The Crows were looking the best but certainly had their falling apart moment this weekend (think the Tigers for us). The Hawks and Bombers seem a bit more fragile than the rest of the front runners.

The Pies' forwards ability to take contested marks is wonderful to watch. I wish we could do the same (the way our backs can).

If you want to take a glass half full approach, we have a few games that could further boost our all-important percentage and a few that decide our destiny. There's no doubt that the Eagles, Pies and Hawks game are 8-pointers. If we win a couple of these and don't drop the games we should win then we should be Top 4 and having a shot at a Premiership. But, as I posted elsewhere, the gorilla on our back is our non-ability to beat the Pies - hopefully Horse v Bucks is a whole new proposition and we'll show them why we defeat other "flag favourites". Beat the Pies and I'll be organising my September. But go down to them again and they'll be fantasising that they get us in the GF.
    Completely agree with your sentiments here GS.
    Though if we do get deep into September this year, with a bit of luck we may be able to avoid the Pies and leave them to someone else to (hopefully) dispose of, much like our total avoidance of Adelaide in the 05/06 finals series! Mind you we will also need a total avoidance of Adelaide again.....

Veterans List
    Sorry to say guys but Adelaide have the absolute softest draw from here and will probably finish top two. I think the weekends result for hem was an abberation.

Bad luck for us if we have to go over to Ferral Park and play them in a final with added impost of home town umpirig decisions which are rife when playing the Cows in Adelaide.

Percentage looks like being ultra important in deciding final positions this year so we have to keep the pedal to the metal whenever we are winning games and not drop off if we are losing a game.

And how's the critical games in the next few weeks, every week has two or three eight point games, this is a season like no other I can remember.
    Last edited by 707; 25th June 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Senior Player
    Hopefully the Crows drop a couple to teams like the Tigers and the Power, then Freo and Brisbane later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast