Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everitt - permasub

Senior Player

Everitt - permasub

Everitt has faults and flaws, but he's a deadly good kick in both field kicking and for goal, and that's really useful at the death. Coming in when everyone's tired, filling different roles, launching penetrating 60 metre kicks or pinging a key goal, this is his role. He's gotta be the ideal sub candidate for us.

Good on the coaching staff for identifying this.

(also, astonishingly, I can't think of a Swan I'd rather shooting for goal with the game on the line. Maybe Bolton I guess)

Blog Entries
    I said to my wife as he was lining up.
    He's an ordinary player, but a good kick.
    Glad he made look like I knew what I was talking about!!

God no. He's had many more dud games as a sub than he's had good ones. I like Everitt, and he had an immediate impact when he came on tonight, and that goal was simply fantastic, but IMO he needs to play full games. He often needs to work himself into the game, and he can use his rare combination of height, speed and fitness to burn off taller opponents or gain an edge over smaller opponents, something that can take time and effort.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    God no. He's had many more dud games as a sub than he's had good ones. I like Everitt, and he had an immediate impact when he came on tonight, and that goal was simply fantastic, but IMO he needs to play full games. He often needs to work himself into the game, and he can use his rare combination of height, speed and fitness to burn off taller opponents or gain an edge over smaller opponents, something that can take time and effort.
    Here is a request to the web coordinator: please place a ban on all criticisms of a certain A. Everitt on the website for the remainder of Season 2012. A hero is hero is hero.

For all his flaws, he is, IMHO easily the best set shot at the club. Can we get him to teach Sam Reid???

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Surely he is worth persisting with? like Jetta, he can offer so much if he gets his head right.

i spend most of my time abusing him when he's on the ground, but I knew he was going to kick that as soon as he marked it.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Moore View Post
    Surely he is worth persisting with? like Jetta, he can offer so much if he gets his head right.

i spend most of my time abusing him when he's on the ground, but I knew he was going to kick that as soon as he marked it.
    I think the Geelong coaching staff did not react quickly enough to the mismatch in height and Everitt was always going to out mark his opponent. The kick was the "thing" !! He has a wonderful kicking action and he has demonstrated that the situation does not phase him.Obviously you can't keep using one player again and again as sub as they will never build up match fitness. So to be a sub in high intense clashes he needs to play full games against lesser sides. I think he is worth persisting with as he is a difficult match up for the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I agree that his strengths and versatility make him the ideal modern footballer, but he's not in the best 21 so he is even more the perfect sub. I can't see who he'd replace for the GWS match.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I think he needs a few full games to see what he can do. He could develop into a decent footballer yet. He has a few assets but is a bit slow learning the basics and his decision making needs to improve. I think the term versatile player is overused. Good players find a position to play in, versatile players such as LRT are often not good enough. Lets see if everitt can hold down a half forward postion. This is one spot that he could fit into our team if good enough.

If LRT is selected as the back up big forward/ruck/big backman maybe he'd be a better "Permasub".

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I still think his best position is off a wing where his pace and long kicking would be an asset, but of course that mark and conversion will tilt the coaches into using him as a marking forward target in the coming weeks

He won us the game when we needed it. He is a hero.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast