Thread: The Golden Fist Award - Ted Richards!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Golden Fist Award - Ted Richards!

There is a show on Fox Footy called 'After The Bounce'. It airs every week after the last home & away game. Spud Frawley has this award for backman (being a former backman) called ' The Golden Fist Award' and he awards 3, 2 and 1 votes to who he considered to be the 3 best backman over all the games on the weekend. Our Teddie got the 3 and now jointly leads the award with Matty Scarlett both now on 8 votes. It's great that Ted is finally getting some accolades....and I hope an All Australian nominee later in the season. Go Ted!

Yep - thought hed get the 3 votes this week. Nice one Ted. Stellar season so far.

Veterans List
    Haven't seen it this week but will see it on replay. How many times did Spud say unbelievable this week? Surely he doesn't use that word more than that peanut Brian Taylor, who says magnificent in almost every phase of play. Boring rubbish and gibberish from Taylor. Oh, and phenomenal is creeping into the jargon lately. Horrible use of the Queen's English.

By the way I find the show most entertaining. The coach killers is a good segment.

Warming the Bench
    Robbo put Scott Thompson in his all-australian team over ted richards, his excuse was he had more intercept marks(he had one more) Thompson is also the backman who has had the most goals kicked on him.

Spud Frawley > Robbo

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    Robbo put Scott Thompson in his all-australian team over ted richards, his excuse was he had more intercept marks(he had one more) Thompson is also the backman who has had the most goals kicked on him.

Spud Frawley > Robbo
    Scott Thompson from North! Oh please! Sounds like Robbo is back on the hooch.
    Then again Rohan Connolly put Johnston of Freo in his side. Did anyone see his awful, fumble and mistake ridden performance last night. Right back to his ordinary best.

Richards has been superb! I've witnessed Richards gets decisively beaten in previous years close up when we play away at Geelong. Podsiadly is a strong unit! Richards continues to do well and has been a top notch defender for at least the last couple of years. I even like his kicking, often low and penetrating. I hope he can hold that form when we play Collingwood and West Coast. Two big tests for him there.

Yes Spud loves our Ted - and rightly so. Keep up the good work Teddy and the golden fist is yours!!!

The Golden Fist Award??? That title is just wrong on so many levels. But I still hope Ted wins it.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Happy and I know it
    Here's the Real Footy Poll where you can vote for Ted as player of round 13 in the AFL premiership season 2012.
    AFL News, Scores, Stats, Transfers | Real Footy

He's only on 10% of the vote so far.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke