Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heath Grundy's last 3 mins vs Geelong

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heath Grundy's last 3 mins vs Geelong

I know that HG has his moments with his disposal efficiency however give credit where credit is due. I've watched the last quarter of our win against the cats 3 times and I couldn't help but be impressed with Heath's critical one percenters (or ten percenters given the circumstances) in the final minutesof the game.
    Three critical acts in the final 3 minutes:
    1) He sprints to Hawkins on the wing to spoil a mark and put it over the boundary line:
    2) He leaves his man to tackle Taylor Hunt surging through the centre square (results in a ball up); and
    3) With only 30 secs to go, he again comes forward to put pressure on Wojo who gathered a long kickout.Wojo tries to get around him to sprint to the 50 metre mark to either shoot on goal or pass for what possibly could have been to a cat to shoot for a win after the siren. What does Heath do? Puts his hand out to deflect it from Wojo...results in Reid gathering to pump it forward for us.........its been a long time since I've seen a more beautiful hand!! n better than George Costanza's hands when he was doing hand modelling!!

Protect the hands HG....put them in oven gloves between games for the rest of the year!!!

Yes, that "Hand of Grundy" could be a defining moment this season!!
    Swannies for life!

Grundy had 20 disposals at 80% and the most 1%ers, plus a tackle that drove (Pods?) over the boundary in teh last few minutes, just as important. I can't believe there are people who want him dropped
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Point 3 was a significant moment in the game. I'd hate to think if Wojo took off with some mojo.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veterans List
    Some in the media are suggesting he has lost his mojo.

MB in his point 3 says "or pass for what possibly could have been to a cat"...I don't recall seeing a cat on the ground. I have seen a pig before but not a cat.

Blog Entries
    well...geelong did once have a player formally called just 'whiskers' in a game ...gary hocking changed his name in the footy program for promotional purposes so i guess that gets closer to a cat on the ground.....and it is true that an elephant ran out of control at arden street one day in the 70's!!!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    well...geelong did once have a player formally called just 'whiskers' in a game ...gary hocking changed his name in the footy program for promotional purposes so i guess that gets closer to a cat on the ground.....and it is true that an elephant ran out of control at arden street one day in the 70's!!!

Gary Hocking did look like the elephant man.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

There are always trolls trying to stir up crap just to irritate people. reg isn't perfect but he does a darn good job almost all of the time

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?f45bwa

Our Edge is Reg

And Swans' fans weren't the only ones getting a little over-excited by Reg's last few minutes of the game. I realised on watching the much-replayed Everitt goal, that Bruce (I think) calls the kick from the centre clearance into the forward 50 as being by "Grundy". In fact, as far as I can tell it was Alex Johnson (who was absolutely awesome all night).

In every close game, there's always a microsecond where you win or lose it. And the Hand of Grun (I'm trying to get it to have the same number of syllables as 'God'; sure, maybe needs some work) was clearly the moment on Friday night.

Blog Entries
    Not the only player Bruce got wrong......and of all people Cometti in other plays. The good thing here is that they havent seen much of our young players and tend to bluff hoping they get the call right....the good thing meaning we have a heap of young players on the rise! Some of these young guys wont be unknown for much longer......Alex Johnson now starting to get press here in Melbourne. How long before Nick Smith starts getting press?....he did handle Steve Johnson very well...again! One of our most consistent senior players in the past 2 years, I really rate Smithy! Johnson, Smith, Armstrong....and from what I hear...Lockyer, Brown, hopefully Heath keeping injury free all coming through....and our emerging midfield...exciting times ahead. I hope that we can find forwards. Other than Sam, TDL....who are our forward prospects? Can one of the emerging backs play forward? Do we need to trade/free agent to get another forward? I believe we are only a good power forward awat from being a very dangerous team. Taylor Walker wouldve been handy but he's signed again for the Crows

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    And the Hand of Grun (I'm trying to get it to have the same number of syllables as 'God'; sure, maybe needs some work) was clearly the moment on Friday night.
    Hand of Grod??
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast