Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SYD v GWS tickets

SYD v GWS tickets

-

What are we supposed to say? It's a good deal if you don't already have a ticket.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Looks like it's a deal with either a school/uni or sporting clubs? Great, anything to help fill the place up. I might pass this along to some of my mates who sometimes go to games, and see if they can come.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't really think there's a lot to discuss, it's being done as part of the Premier's Sporting Challenge- it's targeted at kids involved in that program, which is all about getting people up and about. If you bother to use google you'll see that they've had ticket giveaways for NRL games as well. It's not a "doom and gloom, GWS is a failure/everyone in Sydney hates Aussie Rules" thing.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Goes up to 11
    I think its a great idea that we try and get as many people into the Olympic Stadium as possible. It seats 80-odd thousand and is an asset of this city, so we should use it. If AFL is going to grow in Sydney we need to get as many new people to games as possible, and I would think the best way to do this is to give away as many tickets as they can print....

Veteran Site Admin
    Agree with those who see it as no issue at worst, a good thing at best. Today's casual attendee who goes to a game for free might become tomorrow's ardent AFL fan. Ground capacity is more than double the likely paying audience.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Some of the comments on ozbargain are quite promising, looks like GA will be packed

The NRL is still giving away tickets to the stadiums they can't fill, like the SFS 40k capacity, they just don't do it openly
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I woulda told my friends.. Does seem targeted at families and students so I'd feel bad taking them

Veterans List
    Are they just for students? Or are they for anyone? You'd imagine there would be few walk up sales if you could simply get tickets on line for free. And the Ticketek site seems to be doing just that.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A more troubling thing, and this seems as good a place as any to raise it, we're going to need to drive tomorrow night and I haven't got prepaid parking (first time!). I assumed the crowd wouldn't be massive, and I'm guessing this is at most going to bump it by 5-10k if people take up the ticket offer). Does anyone know what the score is with parking without prepaid? Is it easy enough to drive to P1 and if it's sold out somehow just do a loop from there?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Hi anyone got 2 unused tickets would love to get them, trying to bring 2 asians friends along. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast