Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 15 v The Lions

What do Ben Matthews, Paul Bevan and LRT have in common.

Answer

A. They cop a flogging on Red and White online
    B. They are not natural footballers with sublime skills
    C. They give 100% (and it's never recognised)
    D. All of the above

D is my choice!

Rod_

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    They were all defenders with bad hair styles as well.

At least Matthews got to retire and not get shunted like poor Bevan.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    1. LOL there was no logic, it was an incoreherent rant. If the best that he can do is be a decoy forward he is not good enough for a premiership contender, but its clear i'm wasting my time with you because you're too simple to comprehend that

2. No it was a pathetic attempt to try and appear superior by highlighting a grammatical error, how typically condescending of you

3. Well no, Ratten is still playing Kruezer in the ruck each week and every man and his dog can see that it is detrimental to both the player and the team, it seems pretty relevant to this scenario to me. Plenty of coaches make selection or tactical errors on a regular basis which are quite apparent to fans, I gave you a couple of recent examples, so no it isn't ridiculous.

4. Thanks Captain Obvious for stating that this is a forum for Swans fans

5. You proclaim yourself a horse racing expert when clearly you have no idea, it was a poor ride by Nolen and given that he put his hand up and admitted it I wouldn't have thought that there was any argument to the contrary, but you obviously know better than the man himsef. BTW what kind of moo says I know my apples??
    Once again misinterpretation and miscomprehension. I'm starting to think we are in realms outside your reasoning abilities.

1. I said LRT should be judged in terms of what the coaches are asking him to do. NOT in terms of what YOU think he should be. For the four hundredth time, you don't know how the coaches have asked him to play!

2. I didn't highlight your grammatical error to appear superior. I highlighted your error because you're so "holier than thou" in your posts, as if you are the oracle of football and the single source of all wisdom, when in fact you prove by your posts that you are the exact opposite. There's an old saying -- "It's better to keep your mouth shut and risk looking an idiot, than opening your mouth and proving it to everybody."

3. I didn't say coaches didn't make tactical mistakes. What I took umbrage to was your belief that fans recognise them before or better than coaches.

4. Maybe a fans site was a bit of a generalisation. There are many great contributors on this site and I enjoy the debate. There are a few others who nominally follow the swans but in no way really support them.

5. Luke Nolan made the statement that he stuffed up BEFORE the vets found the mare was injured. He felt he had underestimated the effect of the Ascot track compared to her usual performances where she cruised to the line without slowing down. NOW WE KNOW it wasn't his judgement that was awry but the fact that the horse was injured and couldn't wait to pull up.

6. There is a certain well-know saying that a person who knows about a particular area "really knows their apples." The question I ask is what sort of baby-babble is the term "moo"?

7. Game over!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Moody reckoned he couldn't have Nellie any fitter... Nolan made the cardinal error that a number of Swans players of considerable experience comit : NOT turning the head to check if they are about to be tackled which was what was about to happen to Nellie... only her will to win got her home in Their (Moody, Nolan, strapper, owners etc) GRAND FINAL.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Veteran Site Admin
    Just a quick reminder to all on this thread (and any other thread) to argue the point, not the poster. There are a few posts already in this thread sailing close to the wind. If you can't make your point without insulting the person you are addressing it to, best to keep your point to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Just a quick reminder to all on this thread (and any other thread) to argue the point, not the poster. There are a few posts already in this thread sailing close to the wind. If you can't make your point without insulting the person you are addressing it to, best to keep your point to yourself.
    Like!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Once again misinterpretation and miscomprehension. I'm starting to think we are in realms outside your reasoning abilities.

1. I said LRT should be judged in terms of what the coaches are asking him to do. NOT in terms of what YOU think he should be. For the four hundredth time, you don't know how the coaches have asked him to play!
    3. I didn't say coaches didn't make tactical mistakes. What I took umbrage to was your belief that fans recognise them before or better than coaches.
    1. lol. If lrt's on field performances can"t be critiqued, why can anyone elses? what is the TLM here for then, since we dont know what the coaches have asked them to do.. you are right when you say "maybe lrt is being asked to be a decoy, play defensively etc" but what others are saying is, maybe what lrt offers in terms of forward impact is negligible as they will most likely create and kick more goals than lrt "the best defense is attack". and, that trio, have more scope for improvement in them. we might uncover a dangerous forward before finals starts. that would be good, given we rely so heavily on our midfield to score.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    They were all defenders with bad hair styles as well.

At least Matthews got to retire and not get shunted like poor Bevan.
    Although Matthews was stranded on 199 games, I believe. That's pretty harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    1. lol. If lrt's on field performances can"t be critiqued, why can anyone elses? what is the TLM here for then, since we dont know what the coaches have asked them to do.. you are right when you say "maybe lrt is being asked to be a decoy, play defensively etc" but what others are saying is, maybe what lrt offers in terms of forward impact is negligible as they will most likely create and kick more goals than lrt "the best defense is attack". and, that trio, have more scope for improvement in them. we might uncover a dangerous forward before finals starts. that would be good, given we rely so heavily on our midfield to score.
    Exactly!
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Excellent post BRB.

Yep, totally agree.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Agreed
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast