Thread: Issues with video on Swans' website

Veteran Site Admin

Issues with video on Swans' website

For the last week or so, I've been having trouble viewing video on the Swans' website. If I try to watch on high definition, the video only plays for a few seconds at a time before stopping to buffer for a few more seconds. If I switch to medium quality, the vision is unwatchably blurred.

I haven't had these problems before, and I have a high speed cable connection. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I'm running Firefox on OS X, and I can't even visit the AFL or Swans sites without the whole browser locking up. Whatever it is, it's borked.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    For the last week or so, I've been having trouble viewing video on the Swans' website. If I try to watch on high definition, the video only plays for a few seconds at a time before stopping to buffer for a few more seconds. If I switch to medium quality, the vision is unwatchably blurred.

I haven't had these problems before, and I have a high speed cable connection. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    No, working fine for me.

I just wish they'd make the clips available on YouTube like the afl.com.au clips.

Works fine for me. I'm on Chrome, no issues. Loving the mobile app has videos too. But tbh compared to some other team sites, there isn't as much content on it. Needs to be a bit more engaging.

I've had the opposite experience since about the time you mention. For the first time in about 9 months I've been able to play those videos on my webOS device. I guess they changed/updated the video player around that time?

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Works fine for me. I'm on Chrome.
    +1

It's the AFL website, wait 5 minutes and go back to it, or update yr flash player, I find that short play thing happens, but then later it works
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Hi All,

I passed this on to our media team, and they have let me know the AFL were doing an update to the video player last week so that you can now watch SwansTV on an iPhone or iPad. Everything should now be working again. If you have any further problems, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Jenny

See she does read these posts......anyway I have given up on Firefox for any videos from newspapers/afl sites. If something is on I just go across to my Chrome one. Its not all that great in other areas, but can rely on the moving bits.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

For those struggling, try updating your sliverlight plug-in. I still can't play videos on Firefox on OS X, but at least the whole browser doesn't lock up when you visit any of the AFL pages. I prefer browsing in Firefox, but I need to use Safari if I want to view the AFL videos.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Chrome and Safari work fine for me on Mac (and now on iOS!) yay!