View Poll Results: What do people think is a reasonable goalkicking return for LRT?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 Goals (Yeah, but he made a contest)

3 10.00%
  • 1 Goal (Well, there's also his versatility)

6 20.00%
  • 2 Goals (It's only GWS)

12 40.00%
  • 3 Goals (Well done Hyphen!)

5 16.67%
  • 4 Goals (Matt who?)

2 6.67%
  • 5 Goals (Ok, who spiked my beer?)

3 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LRT the forward: What we expect?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar

LRT the forward: What we expect?

Goals have been tabulated, versatility discussed, loyalties questioned, imponderables pondered, forward structures deconstructed . . . .

The argument has been raging as the Giants aren't currently amongst our toughest opponent so I'd like to know . . . what do people think is a reasonable goalkicking return for LRT?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

It's Only GWS - 2 goals!

GO GO LRT!
    -

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    2 goals (He's doing his job)
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Considering GWS dropped one of their tall defenders there is real potential for Lewis to run amok here. I'm putting him down for 4, a new career high.

Senior Player
    I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

Realistically there is no need for a defensive forward on Saturday night and the ball should be down there alot so the shackles are off

I would like to think he can kick 4+

If he only kicks 1 goal then it will prove the experiment is a failure, 2 goals is absolute minimum and borderline in my mind

If he doesn't get Cornes he will be up against a Rookie and has a chance to get a bag of goals. If he doesn't kick a bag against a Rookie or Rookies then phew what do you do? If he gets Cornes then there is an excuse as he is one of the best experienced players they have.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

Realistically there is no need for a defensive forward on Saturday night and the ball should be down there alot so the shackles are off

I would like to think he can kick 4+

If he only kicks 1 goal then it will prove the experiment is a failure, 2 goals is absolute minimum and borderline in my mind
    Agree with this sentiment. If he is playing on the young blokes then he must kick at least 2. I think one of the problems in the Cats game was that in a certain period they got a lot of run because we had so many talls. LRT was unable to keep pace with the Cats defenders and if he is a defensive forward you would expect him to do this. Even Mike Pyke was providing more run. I like LRT but careers end and I think his time limited. He is a wonderful bloke form everything I have read and is one of the most dedicated players at the club but if we don't use him as a defender I can't see any future for him.

I would think that Cornes would play on Goodes, as he did in the PA days. Not sure who Davis took in game 1, but Reid seems the obvious matchup, leaving Mohr for LRT. That's no easy match. LRT may struggle. If the rucks match up against each other, Drey will be the one who might benefit with an undersized defender. Could be his day if he's not the sub.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I would think that Cornes would play on Goodes, as he did in the PA days. Not sure who Davis took in game 1, but Reid seems the obvious matchup, leaving Mohr for LRT. That's no easy match. LRT may struggle.[/B] If the rucks match up against each other, Drey will be the one who might benefit with an undersized defender. Could be his day if he's not the sub.
    I think that sentence highlights the problem, if those matchups were to occur he would be on their 3rd ranked tall defender, yet you still expect him to struggle

I pretty much expect that LRT will go out there and give 100% effort to do whatever he is intructed to do by hte coaches. Does this every week, and it's why he continues to get a game
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Surely the question should be What is the is goal return expected from the team?

If LRT or Goodes or Reid don't get them, doesn't that open opportunities for Mumford/Pyke; Jetta/Everitt, or the multiple midfielders.

Just score more than 14:16 100 points that we achieved last time.

I expect him to break Fred Fanning's record of 18 goals!!!!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast