Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Match Day Thread - Swans vs Lions

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    What was obvious with LRT, was how much better, and more comfortable, he looked when he went down back late in the game.
    With Johnson seemingly hobbled....and WCE's tall forward line......IT"S TIME !!
    Absolutely. I assume that was preparation for his likely role next week.

I think it shows how far the swans have come when people are frustrated by us winning by 47 points against a team that has recently beaten west coast. Personally I thought we were great and played like a team that deserves to be near the top of the ladder. It shows how good we have become when our biggest concern is LRT - after all hes our third forward/backman swing man. IMO , Everitt is more expendable and I would bring in TDL for him.

I expect we probably wont win this week and the knives will be really sharpended for wholesale changes but the reality is that we are thrasing lower sides and still beating the better sides. We will invariably drop a game or two over the coming weeks but you have to expect that in a comp that has five teams within a game of each other at the top of the ladder.

What we should be making sure is that players that are carrying niggling injuries are not over played as we now have the depth to cover most positions on the field.

Isnt it great to be lamenting that in a 47 point win we failed to win by more as we put the cue away a little in the last quarter and had an opponent essentially changing their game plan to stop the bleeding.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    I think it shows how far the swans have come when people are frustrated by us winning by 47 points against a team that has recently beaten west coast. Personally I thought we were great and played like a team that deserves to be near the top of the ladder. It shows how good we have become when our biggest concern is LRT - after all hes our third forward/backman swing man. IMO , Everitt is more expendable and I would bring in TDL for him.

I expect we probably wont win this week and the knives will be really sharpended for wholesale changes but the reality is that we are thrasing lower sides and still beating the better sides. We will invariably drop a game or two over the coming weeks but you have to expect that in a comp that has five teams within a game of each other at the top of the ladder.

What we should be making sure is that players that are carrying niggling injuries are not over played as we now have the depth to cover most positions on the field.

Isnt it great to be lamenting that in a 47 point win we failed to win by more as we put the cue away a little in the last quarter and had an opponent essentially changing their game plan to stop the bleeding.
    That is a ludicrously, nay absurdly well balanced post which has no place on these forums let alone in a match day thread.

Lift your game.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Senior Player
    11 wins 3 losses

reality.

If we drop it and compete, then so be it. As long as we learn from it. Who knows we could end up playing off there in a final.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am surprised more teams haven't put serious work into him. The Dogs did, and now the Lions but most have let him have his space. Maybe they're still waking up to how dangerous he's become. Some of the better teams won't bother marking him closely - teams like Collingwood think they're good enough not to have to.

The great thing about Jetta is that he is not a one-trick pony. Yes, he is quick with ball in hand, but his sensational delivery into the forward line even when he's not on the run means he can be damaging for us even when he's not allowed to go charging up the wing unchecked.
    Jetta being unselfish has probably cost us a couple of goals in the last few weeks (ie he has handballed or kicked to a player in a seemingly better position rather than going for goal). It shows good team spirit and you have to applaud it in his character - even when I (and half the SCG) scream out for him to take it on and go for it. On Saturday he got 19 possessions I think and had a ridiculous level of score involvements, so he did a lot of setting up of others and I think played well.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    On Saturday he got 19 possessions I think and had a ridiculous level of score involvements, so he did a lot of setting up of others and I think played well.
    When I watched a replay I noticed how much he had contributed. Watching live at the ground I tend to look out for his long blistering runs and I hadn't noticed some of the other work he did on Saturday. Jack's impact was also greater than I had noticed live.

Sneaky buggers aren't they liz.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    When I watched a replay I noticed how much he had contributed. Watching live at the ground I tend to look out for his long blistering runs and I hadn't noticed some of the other work he did on Saturday. Jack's impact was also greater than I had noticed live.
    don't understand how you could have missed him Liz, I thought he was very good and his delivery is always very good, although did miss a couple of targets on the weekend. Kizza was always in the centre of it all as was Bennie. Somew of the hard work those two did in the clinches was sensational. Bennie spoiling and throwing his body where a giant would be timid to go. The second efforts of all our players was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I think JPK took him in the 2nd

Did anyone see Benny punch someone? Bit of a rumour I heard
    Yeah he gave Brownie one to go on with. A little out of his weight there but very game!

OK, I'll be the first. Doesn't Sam Reid have a great speaking voice. Far better than Plugger's tenor tones. Hmmmm. Stop it Primmy, old enough to be his grannie, don't forget that.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    OK, I'll be the first. Doesn't Sam Reid have a great speaking voice. Far better than Plugger's tenor tones. Hmmmm. Stop it Primmy, old enough to be his grannie, don't forget that.
    Plugger was a tenor? Very base (not bass) baritone.

You're a celebrity now Primmy so anything is possible. Do they have an age limit for cougars? Do you become a sabre tooth tiger after a certain age????

Note: Primmy was admired by one of the Mum's of our reserve players (who I wont name) on Saturday pre-game.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011