Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 16 V The Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    I thought the far more organised group were the LRT knockers.
    Sounds like a Benny hill sketch

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    boundary line outlet
    Well if that title isn't damning with faint praise I'm not sure what is!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Regular in the Side
    What a predictable response from "Dirtyburt"

On the Rookie List
    I actually think lrt has been very important in getting our forward structure right. I think we need Armstrong in for his pace even as a sub. Who ever misses out will be very unlucky.

Veterans List
    Bird stays in because we need all the run with players we can muster against the WCE. LRT goes to the backline to help cover for all their talls. So who plays on Cox and Nicnat when they are resting up front. They are bound to try to stretch our lack of height down back. What I noticed against North was that they were caught quite a bit for pace and on the hop with North's quick rebound. They got back into it as North started to run out of legs. So we need to work the ball quickly into our forward line and through the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Bird stays in because we need all the run with players we can muster against the WCE. LRT goes to the backline to help cover for all their talls. So who plays on Cox and Nicnat when they are resting up front. They are bound to try to stretch our lack of height down back. What I noticed against North was that they were caught quite a bit for pace and on the hop with North's quick rebound. They got back into it as North started to run out of legs. So we need to work the ball quickly into our forward line and through the midfield.
    Not sure we lack height down back?

Grundy, Richards, Johnson and as you say maybe LRT. Looks pretty strong on the height front to me!

I'm sorry but LRT was shocking last night. He seemed to fall over every time he ran towards the ball. LRT is a backman not a forward, he has no forward instincts. Spangher would take LRT's role perfectly. I'd love to see Everitt and LRT out for Spangher and TDL and then we actually have what could be a threatening forward line which could see us take the final step to being premiership contenders. How good would we be if Rohan wasn't injured! Our depth this year has been outstanding! Very excited for the next 2-3 yrs.
    But overall good game last night and always great to knock the Pies off the top of the ladder!
    However I doubt there will be any changes for next week, as Parker is probably still another week away and Longmire would never drop LRT, only Mattner coming in for Armstrong or maybe give Johnson a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I'm sorry but LRT was shocking last night. He seemed to fall over every time he ran towards the ball. LRT is a backman not a forward, he has no forward instincts. Spangher would take LRT's role perfectly. I'd love to see Everitt and LRT out for Spangher and TDL and then we actually have what could be a threatening forward line which could see us take the final step to being premiership contenders. How good would we be if Rohan wasn't injured! Our depth this year has been outstanding! Very excited for the next 2-3 yrs.
    But overall good game last night and always great to knock the Pies off the top of the ladder!
    However I doubt there will be any changes for next week, as Parker is probably still another week away and Longmire would never drop LRT, only Mattner coming in for Armstrong or maybe give Johnson a rest.
    Why would we rest Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    ...and Longmire would never drop LRT, only Mattner coming in for Armstrong or maybe give Johnson a rest.
    Longmire will drop LRT just as soon as LRT's not delivering what he's asked to every week, or when there's a better option available for a given game. (I just have this saved so I can copy and paste now.)

Parker's a good chance to come back next week, even with the big ground. He's just such a good little player. He was clearly on another level in the Reserves and with a bye, I can't see them leaving him out just on lacking a bit of fitness. He'll probably be the sub. Everitt had a couple of wobbles but overall probably did enough to keep his spot. Armstrong is likely to be the unlucky one.

Assuming Marty's back, Mal is also be dropped again - though I liked most of his game too.

Going over to watch so this week is going to seem like a looong wait!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Why would we rest Johnson?
    Because, to quote Rhyce Shaw, he's held together with sticky tape. Though unless he's actually injured, I don't see it.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

I'm happy for LRT to stay in the team because a) we're winning and b) he seems like a nice guy. I thought he was OK yesterday in those moments when he was on his feet.
    In the last two games TV commentators have showered unprompted praise on LRT. Words like "swingman" and "important to the team structure" were used, though no-one has come right out and said he's playing well.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast