Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 16 V The Eagles

Barring injuries, no changes is my bet - although I wish we could squeeze TDL in who would go well at Subi.
    up the guts

Considering we aren't playing the pies or hawks at the MCG this home and away season, then next week will surely be the hardest game we are likely to play outside of finals
    up the guts

While there are a lot of valid reasons behind not changing a winning team, and Horse has consistently demonstrated his selection policy, I think TDL has to come into consideration for next week. I think we're a little tall and not quite mobile enough for Subiaco (or whatever it's called this week). I'm not going to nominate a fall guy, because everyone's putting in right now and it's too easy to single individuals out and turn the thread into a witch hunt. Wish we had Gaz for next week though.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Regular in the Side
    The forecast for next Sunday in Perth will be a few showers and not sure when McVeigh need to play Dad's duty - So some factors in the the changes

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Unfit Parker

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'd doubt Parker will be in next week - by all reports he looked pretty short of a run today in the reserves (I didn't get up in time to see any of it), and you don't want to risk an unfit player at the big expanses of Subiaco. Bird struggled a bit today, but has had an excellent season, and is so important in close for us as well.
    Agree 100%. The big Subiaco ground will definetly find out a player who is not fully fit. Parker has missed too much football. I would include Mattner for Everitt. Cannot drop Malecski as he played his best game for about 3 years. Everitt will be stiif, because he did not play that bad. Bird had a poor game, but he has had some good ones in the past and in Subiaco you need endurance to last the 4 quarters, which Bird has. This is the first time this season that I find it diifcult to drop anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    No, LRT yet again showed why he is one of first on the team sheet. Fantastic exhibition of second efforts, working to get to a contest, holding the ball in the forward line, bringing the ball to ground as boundary line outlet. He was very very good
    Yeah...Full Forward kicks zero goals in flogging.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Ins. Marty M. Luke P
    Outs. Everitt Armstrong
    Location down South says it all! I saw Lukie's comeback game and he needs another game to get some match fitness. I think Goodsie should have found his match fitness in the Two's too as he was useless in his comeback game. I don't believe in a 'WALK UP' start for anyone! Lukie is a Mid and it is even more difficult for him than Goodsie who can just play forward. Not this week. I will be very interested as to how Marty comes up but yes Drey looks the most susceptible. I think we need to keep Tony because his delivery is so good. In the last quarter last night Tony spoiled on no less than three occasions when they could have had a real chance and caused a turnover. We need to persevere with the kid as he can really play. I think Drey can too and a couple of times I thought he was going to show just how good he was and then he twice stuffed up the kick!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Why would we rest Johnson?
    By finals last year he looked spent. Second year young player, I would like to see him get a rest before the end of the year. It's not form. With Malceski back woul like to see us rest some

I would play Everitt on the bigger ground

I really want to say something here. I think given enough confidence Drey is going to really break a gamer apart. He almost did it last night but just fell short with decision making. I look at this guy and think when are you going to do it? One day he is going to blow a game apart. I think we are using him the wrong way, maybe we need to use him the same way the Hawks use Young? A pinch hitter from a wing in small bursts who kills them and kicks huge goals!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I will be the first to say I don't like LRT Forward or in the Ruck but he played his part last night. He was particularly good in the last quarter dropping back into the backline and blocking JB! He is a backman and last night showed where he is most comfortable and I loved seeing him there so strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Your right, I'm converted. I would get rid of jetta also he only kicked one in a flogging. Lucky we had Sam Reid who kicked 6 unassisted by anyone else. Maybe we should play 20 players next week? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    By finals last year he looked spent. Second year young player, I would like to see him get a rest before the end of the year. It's not form. With Malceski back woul like to see us rest some

I would play Everitt on the bigger ground
    If injured rest him, he is a year older and our 3rd tall. His height and marking ability is underrated by some. Mal would never hold his spot

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast