Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 16 V The Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Your right, I'm converted. I would get rid of jetta also he only kicked one in a flogging. Lucky we had Sam Reid who kicked 6 unassisted by anyone else. Maybe we should play 20 players next week? What do you think?
    Other than the fact Jetta has kicked 32 goals for the year playing through the middle, compared to 8 goals for LRT who has spent a lot of time up forward, you make a really good point.

Your right, I'm converted. I would get rid of jetta also he only kicked one in a flogging. Lucky we had Sam Reid who kicked 6 unassisted by anyone else. Maybe we should play 20 players next week? What do you think?
    What do I think? I think you're [Frog:Text removed]. (He asked your honour.)

What do the contribution of Jetta and Reid have to do with LRT? Deflect much?

You may have lowered your expectations in life to the point where you are happy to have a full forward who doesn't kick goals - I have not. Send him down back where he plays best and is comfortable. Pick a forward, who still brings the ball to ground, creates tackling pressure, etc....but who kicks goals!
    Last edited by Frog; 9th July 2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: He may well have asked, but that didn't require the answer given. Violation of RWO rule 6 noted.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Location down South says it all!
    Tut tut Wolfie, demeaning us Southerners again. Play the ball not the man remember!!!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I like it when RWO has a 15 page thread on changes to the team, then come Thursday night and its - NO CHANGE.

So NO CHANGE.

I forgot Mal was included but he did pick up towards the end. They won't take injured or recovering players on such a long trip. Mal to sub.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by teddys mum View Post
    Considering we aren't playing the pies or hawks at the MCG this home and away season, then next week will surely be the hardest game we are likely to play outside of finals
    Geelong at home? (last home and away game)
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Veterans List
    Is Johnson injured? Or was he taken off as a like for like with Armstrong. I reckon he was subbed off earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Geelong at home? (last home and away game)
    The Geelong that just struggled against Gold Coast? Not the biggest of our worries. More worried about the Hawks R22.

But this weekend will be a tough game, as will Pies at ANZ. Hard work ahead.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    What do I think? I think you're [Frog:Text removed]. (He asked your honour.)

What do the contribution of Jetta and Reid have to do with LRT? Deflect much?

You may have lowered your expectations in life to the point where you are happy to have a full forward who doesn't kick goals - I have not. Send him down back where he plays best and is comfortable. Pick a forward, who still brings the ball to ground, creates tackling pressure, etc....but who kicks goals!
    You don't agree then?

Here is a plan, let's keep both Jetta and LRT in the side and carry on winning.

Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'd doubt Parker will be in next week - by all reports he looked pretty short of a run today in the reserves (I didn't get up in time to see any of it), and you don't want to risk an unfit player at the big expanses of Subiaco. Bird struggled a bit today, but has had an excellent season, and is so important in close for us as well.
    You are right Lukie is not ready. He was very short of a run in the first half of the resies. He did improve his work-rate in the second half but his judgement was a bit off and that is not like him. I think he definitely needs another week. The unfortunate problem is the Two's don't play this week and that could set him back one more week.

You don't agree then?

Here is a plan, let's keep both Jetta and LRT in the side and carry on winning.

Any good?
    Burt LRT is better down back as he proved in the last half last week. He was really good coming over the back for the spoil and looked to feel more comfortable back home in the back line. Loved what he did in the last half there. Don't think he is a great forward, yes he does bring the ball to ground but if there are no runners to pick the spoils the ball comes back out again as he doesn't mark too many. I think we need someone who can pull down the marks other than Reid. LRT can surprise us sometimes by pulling down the big one but not enough. Pykie has proved he can take the big mark as has Mummy & Joey.

I think LRT's role has to change to the backline in games where their forward targets are of the ruckman type!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Tut tut Wolfie, demeaning us Southerners again. Play the ball not the man remember!!!
    All I was saying is you are not seeing the game live they only see what the tele allow you to see. We see everything at the ground. Interstate games we have the same problem as you but at least for 11 games we can see it live. That gives us a good idea of what is happening on the whole ground. You Southerners are blind to that for at least 16 games a season. You also don't get to see the resies Aardvark so you have no idea as to how a player is going in his preparation or return from injury except what the resies watchers and the club say.

I am a Resies Watcher and go to all the games that are scheduled before the Seniors. I can't get to places like Canberra as I don't drive and it is a hell of a long trip by train but I might make it there one day. The problem with making changes to a side is the players coming back need to be ready. If the people who go out and watch training say someone is not in the main training group then I presume they won't be returning. So let us wait on how Marty pulls up this week and forget Lukie for now.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 10th July 2012 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Is Johnson injured? Or was he taken off as a like for like with Armstrong. I reckon he was subbed off earlier in the year.
    He had his boot off and was limping after the game...so something was hurting.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast