Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 16 V The Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    He had his boot off and was limping after the game...so something was hurting.
    Stone in his shoe, hopefully?

I have just been looking at the WCE goal scorers for the season. Lynch sits 3rd with 24 and Shuey 6th with 14. The 3rd 'out' Watters has scored 6 goals.

The 'tall' Darling tops the list with 28; Cox is 4th with 19 and Natanui has 10. Assuming only one of Cox and Natanui is forward at any one time, our 2 standard tall defenders should be OK, now Lynch is out.

Hill is 2nd on the list with 26 season goals, and Hams 5th with 15. Scott Selwood has 8 and Kerr 7. Our 'small' defenders and midfield pressure should be adequate again.

I would still like to see Mattner return to the side, as on the large ground his run and speed (as well as long kicking) would be advantageous. I think one of Armstrong or Malceski will drop out of the 22, based on their general similarity of style.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    There's no chance the Swans will fly Mattner's groin 3000 K's to play if it was bad enough to miss last week.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    There's no chance the Swans will fly Mattner's groin 3000 K's to play if it was bad enough to miss last week.
    Yep....knowing how the swans injury updates work he's probably out for the year.

If Mattner doesn't come up, i would start Mal and Armstrong and maybe give the sub vest to Everitt. Or, for something a bit different, O keefe to be the sub.

I disagree. He was a late withdrawal last week so must have been close to ready, plus 8 days between games.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Assuming only one of Cox and Natanui is forward at any one time, our 2 standard tall defenders should be OK, now Lynch is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    I disagree. He was a late withdrawal last week so must have been close to ready, plus 8 days between games.
    On AFL Insider tonight, they showed footage of last weekends game at Hobart. Both Nic Nat and Cox near the goal square so they will both play forward at the same time.

I hope Mattner gets up and goes but soft tissue injuries don't travel well and especially that distance.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    If Mattner doesn't come up, i would start Mal and Armstrong and maybe give the sub vest to Everitt. Or, for something a bit different, O keefe to be the sub.
    OKeefe....sub???? surely you jest.

If Mattner plays I reckon Armstrong will be the unlucky one to miss out.

And Everitt will revert back to his best position.....sub.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I have just been looking at the WCE goal scorers for the season. Lynch sits 3rd with 24 and Shuey 6th with 14. The 3rd 'out' Waters has scored 6 goals.

The 'tall' Darling tops the list with 28; Cox is 4th with 19 and Natanui has 10. Assuming only one of Cox and Natanui is forward at any one time, our 2 standard tall defenders should be OK, now Lynch is out.

Hill is 2nd on the list with 26 season goals, and Hams 5th with 15. Scott Selwood has 8 and Kerr 7. Our 'small' defenders and midfield pressure should be adequate again.
    Yep, on another forum the WC fans were lamenting that over 60% of their goals in 2011 came from players who are currently injured or suspended. How they are second on the table is a mystery to me and a fantastic testimony to their depth.

It's like us losing Reid, McGlynn, O'Keefe, Parker and Jetta

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    On AFL Insider tonight, they showed footage of last weekends game at Hobart. Both Nic Nat and Cox near the goal square so they will both play forward at the same time...
    But was that with Lynch rucking at the time?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Yep. That's a long way to fly a groin!

OKeefe....sub???? surely you jest.

If Mattner plays I reckon Armstrong will be the unlucky one to miss out.

And Everitt will revert back to his best position.....sub.
    I think this is pretty close. Except for Parker. If picked I reckon he will get the vest and Everitt take the week off (no ressies this weekend).
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    On AFL Insider tonight, they showed footage of last weekends game at Hobart. Both Nic Nat and Cox near the goal square so they will both play forward at the same time.
    That was from a set shot on goal.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast