4 8.89%
  • West Coast - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • West Coast - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 16 - West Coast

Round 16 - West Coast

This week's match-of-the-round against the Eagles will be massive.

So how are we going to go on Sunday? Ever since the birth of the rivalry, we've been more than competitive against the Eagles at Subiaco.

Here's our record:

QF 2005 - lost by 4
    RD15 2006 - lost by 2
    QF 2006 - won by 1
    RD16 2007 - lost by 12
    RD11 2008 - won by 5
    RD3 - 2011 - won by 13

Technically, in terms of defence, it's first versus second; in terms of attack, it's seventh versus third.

It's fair to say our form going into this game is probably better than theirs. Over the past six weeks, they've narrowly lost to Brisbane, had the bye, narrowly beat Carlton, thrashed Gold Coast, narrowly lost to Collingwood, and just narrowly beaten North Melbourne.

In the same period, we've thrashed the Bulldogs, narrowly beat Essendon, had the bye, thrashed Melbourne, narrowly beat Geelong, thrashed GWS, and comfortably defeated Brisbane.

I get the sense we can win if we play a four quarter game, and there are no passengers.

Individually, Jetta performed well for us on Subiaco's wide open spaces last year, and he has improved out of sight this season. He should have a great game. And can Andrejs Everitt repeat his last quarter heroics again? He showed he could against Geelong.

We've got to win this game.

Swans by 8.

I am worried about the attendance! How many swans fans will go?

To finish Top 4 I think we have to beat Gold Coast and Bulldogs, win 1 of St Kilda and Carlton and 2 of West Coast, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong.

That gives us 16 wins 6 losses.

Lots of permutations possible, but a loss against West Coast is not the end of the world. It would be damn handy. St Kilda and Carlton are danger games - but if we win both those then only need to win 1 of the hardest 4 to make top 4.

If we play our best I think we will win. Keys will be winning in the middle and using it well - if we turn it over and they move it quick we will get scored against too much, the converse applies.

We need Pyke, LRT and Everitt to have really solid games

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Our allocation will sell out - those WA Swans are a loyal bunch.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I'd go but Im watching on tele.

OTC showed the past record of games between the two and there were three games in a row which had a 1 point difference.

The greatest margin was 13 points.

Even Roos was surprised by the scores.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veterans List
    I've had a look at the rounds from now and every one has three, four, five "eight point" games. There is only one change likely in the top eight and five teams battling for it. Not in my memory has a season been so open and tantalising at this stage.

Lose this week and I don't think we can finish above WCE which makes the chance of having to go back there to play a final become greater.

We must beat WCE and Collingwood too for that matter. We are well overdue on the latter. Home finals are a must if we are to make the most of our year.

I figure that they are missing 7 of their best players, while we are going in with selection problems, because of so many fit and in-form players. They will have 4 of their starting forward line out, Kennedy, Lynch, LeCras and Nikoski, plus Shuey, Embley and Waters. We're not talking about fringe players here. These are all top 18.

Without their injuries and suspensions, I would say this would be a very tough game for us to win. But now I think we are better than an even chance. If we are serious contenders this year, we have to take advantage of this 'gift'. They don't come along too often, and offsets a couple of poor performances earlier in the year when we had Goodes and Mummy out.

I think this is a 'contender or pretender' game for us. And I think we can do it.

Swans by 2 Goals.

Agree with Ludwig. Someone just needs to kill cox. Swans by 5 points.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Weat Toast should be suitably jet -lagged for the Swans to grab 8-9 goals in the first quarter to set up the 1 point victory.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Weat Toast should be suitably jet -lagged for the Swans to grab 8-9 goals in the first quarter to set up the 1 point victory.
    Lol, very good call

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I figure that they are missing 7 of their best players, while we are going in with selection problems, because of so many fit and in-form players. They will have 4 of their starting forward line out, Kennedy, Lynch, LeCras and Nikoski, plus Shuey, Embley and Waters. We're not talking about fringe players here. These are all top 18.

Without their injuries and suspensions, I would say this would be a very tough game for us to win. But now I think we are better than an even chance. If we are serious contenders this year, we have to take advantage of this 'gift'. They don't come along too often, and offsets a couple of poor performances earlier in the year when we had Goodes and Mummy out.

I think this is a 'contender or pretender' game for us. And I think we can do it.

Swans by 2 Goals.

With these guys out, there won't be any excuse for us not putting in a four quarter effort.

Injuries, suspensions make Eagles' job harder

Exactly! And we won't be able to blame the SCG redevelopment for a poor turn-out either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast