Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 17 v The Saints.

Parks will be an in for the Cold Toast game, bit risky bringing in an underdone player for a big game, maybe learned from the Goodes timing
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

What liz said. Still, I miss the little unit.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Last time we played the Saints, some RWOers were concerend we were going in too tall (especially down back) and we'd have trouble keeping up with the Saints mosquito fleet at Etihad.
    That ended up being one of the reasons we lost. If there are no changes to the team this week we will if anything be slightly more top heavy than that.
    Is this a worry?
    Maybe, but some things will be different:
    1) The Swans media machine is talking up Parker, which suggests that LRT's brain may still be rattling and he will be replaced by Parker (which would increase our legspeed a bit).
    2) Last time Pike got ambushed by Blake, l cant see Mummy falling for that nonsense.
    3) It's at the SCG
    Oopsy, I totally misread the Parker-love, it clearly wasn't evidence of likely inclusion. Was it random or public encouragement, who knows.
    On the whole legspeed thing, the Saints have included Milera in their extended squad, it appears they may intend to try to test us in that direction.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 20th July 2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I fired up my Crystal Ball and picked up Thursday's transmission. Team Announcement: Sydney Swans - no changes.
    Genius

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Genius
    A settled side's net positive effect outways any advantage that might be gained by trialling a new player at this stage. Provided everyone is doing their job we have a UNIT that works. Familiarity with the style of play around you helps everyone know where to run,how long the kick will be,how fast the handball will come out etc etc.A well oiled machine is better than the parts that make it up or to quote an old football clique" A Champion team will always beat a team of champions."

Feel sorry for TDL but his chance could come through one single injury as could the others in the two's whose form has been great.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Parker hasn't been around long enough to walk staright in to firsts.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Goes up to 11
    I reckon if LRT doesn't come up they'll throw TDL in - I would expect Parks to get the run in the 2's to set him up for a good run to the finals. I didn't get the crystal ball out this time though, it's just the vibe...

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I reckon if LRT doesn't come up they'll throw TDL in - I would expect Parks to get the run in the 2's to set him up for a good run to the finals. I didn't get the crystal ball out this time though, it's just the vibe...
    I agree Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Oopsy, I totally misread the Parker-love, it clearly wasn't evidence of likely inclusion. Was it random or public encouragement, who knows.
    On the whole legspeed thing, the Saints have included Milera in their extended squad, it appears they may intend to try to test us in that direction.
    I wish them luck with that on the SCG.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

The extra leg-speed will help propel them onto the ground from their temporary changeroom.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    A settled side's net positive effect outways any advantage that might be gained by trialling a new player at this stage. Provided everyone is doing their job we have a UNIT that works. Familiarity with the style of play around you helps everyone know where to run,how long the kick will be,how fast the handball will come out etc etc.A well oiled machine is better than the parts that make it up or to quote an old football clique" A Champion team will always beat a team of champions."

Feel sorry for TDL but his chance could come through one single injury as could the others in the two's whose form has been great.
    Completely agree, no need to change a side that is winning and playing good footy

No changes confirmed on Twitter

EDIT - linky - COOKIES NomNomNom
    -

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast