Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winner of the most disgraceful display from a sporting crowd I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Yes...I think overall it was bad!

However (and I cannot believe I am defending Eagle's fans) but they were booing the umpires pulling the play up just as they were running free from the half back line into space. They were not booing LRT.
    That's exactly what i thought, although the umpires took a while to realise what was going on. Play should have been stopped at least 15-20 secs earlier when LRT hadn't moved.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Respect, man
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Watched it twice. They were not booing LRT. They were booing the umpires. End of story, i.e. there is no story. Stop getting angry over nothing.

Long Term Injury List
    I've watched the game twice now and there was definitely two lots of booing. One when the umpires stopped the game, the second lot when LRT was coming off the ground. Commentator (can't remember which one) suggested it was poor form.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    I've watched the game twice now and there was definitely two lots of booing. One when the umpires stopped the game, the second lot when LRT was coming off the ground. Commentator (can't remember which one) suggested it was poor form.
    The second lot was just a renewal of the first lot once the game restarted, and for the same reason. I see no reason to believe they were booing LRT. Why would they? What would it even mean?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    The second lot was just a renewal of the first lot once the game restarted, and for the same reason. I see no reason to believe they were booing LRT. Why would they? What would it even mean?
    My sense is the crowd initially thought he was overdoing it and started booing. They settled but went off when play was stopped.

They kept on booing as he went off.

The issue I have is simply that when a player is taken off the field, it means they potentially have a serious injury. Any normal person at that point would quieten down and show some respect. They didn't.

The umpires made the right call in stopping play. Whoever had the ball for West Coast starting moving it up the field within 1-2 meters from where LRT lay on the ground.

To continue their uproar while he was being taken off demonstrated a total lack of caring for a player - disrespectful and insensitive.

Before that - I have no problem. It takes a while before the full football crowd works out that there's an injury concern. I remember many years ago Sydney played Brisbane during the day at ANZ and a Lions player broke their leg while a Mexican wave was in full tilt. Took damn ages for the wave to stop because it took that long for everyone to work out that a serious injury had just happened.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    My sense is the crowd initially thought he was overdoing it and started booing. They settled but went off when play was stopped.

They kept on booing as he went off.

The issue I have is simply that when a player is taken off the field, it means they potentially have a serious injury. Any normal person at that point would quieten down and show some respect. They didn't.

The umpires made the right call in stopping play. Whoever had the ball for West Coast starting moving it up the field within 1-2 meters from where LRT lay on the ground.

To continue their uproar while he was being taken off demonstrated a total lack of caring for a player - disrespectful and insensitive.

Before that - I have no problem. It takes a while before the full football crowd works out that there's an injury concern. I remember many years ago Sydney played Brisbane during the day at ANZ and a Lions player broke their leg while a Mexican wave was in full tilt. Took damn ages for the wave to stop because it took that long for everyone to work out that a serious injury had just happened.
    Fair comment Danzar.

On the wing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I was at the game. There were two levels of booing. The crowd first booed because the weagles had the ball and the run and the Ump stopped play. After that initial annoyance to them they started booing again - this time at LRT. I was behind the goals at the Subiaco end (the old "three tier" stand). The action was on the left near the forward pocket. There was booing in my section. One low life near me shouted out "Dig a hole and bury him". Class act.
    LRT was not booed (nor applauded as is the custom) when he walked off - the game had already continued and had the crowds attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    I remember many years ago Sydney played Brisbane during the day at ANZ and a Lions player broke their leg while a Mexican wave was in full tilt. Took damn ages for the wave to stop because it took that long for everyone to work out that a serious injury had just happened.
    Nigel lappin, remember it well, poor effort by swans fans on the day. He was down for ages with the stretcher on the ground. The wave was still going on.

Was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.. but that is pretty disappointing.

Someone post the picture of MickyO giving it to the tosser in their cheer squad.
    It'll cheer us all up.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast