Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Run Home

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    I just did the ladder predictor, which was interesting. http://www.afl.com.au/bailey%20ladde...6/default.aspx I've essentially got the Crows running through to the end as minor premiers, just because they have an easy run. If we lose to the Pies and the Hawks, we'll come in third. If we lose to just the Pies, we'll come in second. Lose to a third team (it doesn't matter who), we'll still finish third.

Whats' really really interesting is the Bombers, Eagles and Pies. In round 22, the Eagles play the Pies and the Bombers then play the Pies in the final round 23. The results of those games are critical to all three teams because a loss will toss one out of top four contention plus the outcome of a match also affects the third team that doesn't play.

My ladder comes out at Crows, Hawks, Swans and Eagles in the top four, and that's fairly conservative in that it assumes we lose to the Hawks.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    I did it and had the Pies finishing 5th. Depending if we lost both the Pies and Hawks games or just one of those I had the same top 4 as you - and if we lost both we'd be playing the Crows in the first final. If we beat the Pies and lost to the Hawks the game would be at AAMI.

It'll be a lot clearer after this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I think we should just take it one week at a time from now on.
    THIS! Saints on Sunday is a definite danger game. Beat us last time...we have 6 day break travelling from the West.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    THIS! Saints on Sunday is a definite danger game. Beat us last time...we have 6 day break travelling from the West.
    7 days, our game is Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    7 days, our game is Sunday afternoon.
    I was thinking that they took the red eye flight back last night and got home this morning into Sydney.
    Swannies for life!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is possible for the cats to be out of the 8 this weekend. If they lose to Essendon....... and North and Freo both win (assuming Freo have the usual 100 point belting of GWS over in the West). Very much on the cards. They may never recover.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    My black cat Sascha - she's stone deaf but not blind is telling me we will beat the Pies this year, but get done by the Hawks and the rest are wins... wherever that leaves us...
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    So its coming to the business end and we have just racked up a 52 point win against the weagles at their home ground, brilliant. That was always going to be a massive danger game, but i think the saints game could prove another danger game. They have goddard and steven back and they match up well against us. I think at the SCG we can knock them off and well have to play like we did against the eagles.

St.Kilda: Win
    GC: Win
    Carlton: Not sure which carlton will turn up, but the way were playing, Win
    Collingwood: Loss, we always lose this one
    Bulldogs: There horrible, Win
    Hawthorn: Not sure, could go either way really
    Geelong: Well win this one.
    Im picking Judd will get 4 weeks (should be the rest of the season), so that will make carlton easier.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Im picking Judd will get 4 weeks (should be the rest of the season), so that will make carlton easier.
    4 weeks is reasonable, judd has always turned it up in the second half the last couple of times we have vsed them. I.E last year when jack did his ankle and in the finals the previous year when TDL saved us.

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    My black cat Sascha - she's stone deaf but not blind is telling me we will beat the Pies this year, but get done by the Hawks and the rest are wins... wherever that leaves us...
    A talking deaf cat??? I bet she mostly says "what?".

So go on, tell us how she told you we'll beat the Pies. The cat equivalent of Paul the Octopus?? ... maybe you put a Swans flag in one bowl of milk and a Pies flag in another ...
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

I think we're a chance against Collingwood this year if we play for four quarters. They are the side to beat this year, but they've had some shockers as well.

Agree, I'm confident we can take it right up to the pies, and take the points. Will be won and lost In the middle and I am
    Confident we can get the job done there if we play at our best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast