Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Run Home

The Run Home

So its coming to the business end and we have just racked up a 52 point win against the weagles at their home ground, brilliant. That was always going to be a massive danger game, but i think the saints game could prove another danger game. They have goddard and steven back and they match up well against us. I think at the SCG we can knock them off and well have to play like we did against the eagles.

St.Kilda: Win
    GC: Win
    Carlton: Not sure which carlton will turn up, but the way were playing, Win
    Collingwood: Loss, we always lose this one
    Bulldogs: There horrible, Win
    Hawthorn: Not sure, could go either way really
    Geelong: Well win this one.

What about the run home of the other contenders?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Adelaide's is relatively easy, everyone else has a mixture of tough games and easy ones. Hawks and Collingwood both have some work ahead of them as well as us. Essendon are probably done.

On the Rookie List
    Really should win the next 3 or at least 2 of them, saints is the danger game. The last 4 games only 1 most probable win (dogs) then its line ball. Ive got this feeling we will end the collingwood hoodoo this season.

Geelongs run home is very difficult i could see them dropping out of the eight:

- Essendon
    - Adelaide
    - Hawthorn
    - West Coast
    - St Kilda
    - Bulldogs
    - Sydney

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    So its coming to the business end and we have just racked up a 52 point win against the weagles at their home ground, brilliant. That was always going to be a massive danger game, but i think the saints game could prove another danger game. They have goddard and steven back and they match up well against us. I think at the SCG we can knock them off and well have to play like we did against the eagles.

St.Kilda: Win
    GC: Win
    Carlton: Not sure which carlton will turn up, but the way were playing, Win
    Collingwood: Loss, we always lose this one
    Bulldogs: There horrible, Win
    Hawthorn: Not sure, could go either way really
    Geelong: Well win this one.
    The pressure is mounting for Judd to get 4 or more weeks suspension so he wont be a factor when we play the "Cheque Book Cheats". He might have to spend a bit more time at Visy to justify his third party agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Ive got this feeling we will end the collingwood hoodoo this season.
    It would be great for us to fill the stadium for this game.

Even if you hate the place, you should suck it up and plan to be there with as many friends and family as possible. For first timers or some-timers, this would have to be an atmosphere and spectacle to show off AFL at its best.

I have two brothers in Sydney who follow the Swans but don't attend games. Both rang last night saying they want to go to the Collingwood game and to ask if I am coming up?

The answer is yes. I am booking flights this week for myself and two kids.

I'm most worried about the Hawks game. They are in ominous form, much stronger than earlier this season when we beat them. Plus they'll be determined to make amends for the the way they supposedly didn't turn up that day. The Pies game is a close second, just because we always struggle against them. I think we can beat Saints at the SCG and also Carlton if Judd is suspended. Suns and Dogs should be wins. Cats in the last round and at Kardinia is a risk IMO on the basis that it will be coming off some hard games for us - plus assuming they have missed the finals they may get themselves up for their last game of the year.

I think we should just take it one week at a time from now on.

Senior Player

Senior Player
    Horse is wise to be cautious. I like that approach .That'll change when we smash Pies in the GF , mind you

Unless you tip 9 winners every week, these things are far from certain. Upsets every week and we'll drop one that we're 'meant' to win on the way home I reckon.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast