Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Footy classified tonight

Happy and I know it
    I don't need the affirmation of media commentators. I can observe and think for myself. The only things that are important IMO are winning games and our exceptional club culture. So proud of our club.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
    I was looking forward to footy classified tonight but they've taken it off tonight. Are the Melbourne media so paranoid about the Swan being on top of the ladder again for the second full week that they dumped the show for Batman?
    Yeah that's it

Well based on that clip Lyon had the right of it. Grant Thomas was underprepared and for someone on a show like that not to even know who our captain is is pretty poor. Caroline Wilson kept trying to make excuses for WC but Lyon eventually forced an admission of our strength out of her.

We got a decent run on AFL360 and On The Couch last night too. Both programs mentioned Pyke in particular for the job he's doing.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Grant Thomas has eaten all the pies
    -

Meh, screw Caro and Thomas. Lyon was talking us up big time, so enjoy that! That segment was overall very positive, so we just sound like whingers if we complain about it.

Warming the Bench
    Can't stand that show, would love to watch it but "caro's" ignorance is just too much to watch. I think Lyon, Thomas and Hutchy are alright but Caro's despise for brayshaw is ridiculous and really unprofessional.

I think its the best footy show on TV. Caro is very parocrial (sp?), but her primary profession is to write for a melbourne newspaper, so I can accept that. However she does protect Richmond far too much. She despises Brayshaw, and for good reason too. Cant hold that against her.

I also like Thomas because he has a unqiue perspective. He was only pretending to not know our captain to compliment his line about a well drilled team self-leads.

Hutchy is far better on here than the footy show, and Lyon is a fence sitter, but generally entertaining.

I'm no fan of Caro but she normally talks us up.

I'd prefer to just fly under the radar, with no-one pumping us up.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Goes up to 11
    Flying under the radar and media (and general) ignorance of the Swans and how they play in 2012 are two completely separate things.

Sorry kids but no team can be under the radar (whatever that means anyway) whilst sitting atop the ladder....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Flying under the radar and media (and general) ignorance of the Swans and how they play in 2012 are two completely separate things.

Sorry kids but no team can be under the radar (whatever that means anyway) whilst sitting atop the ladder....
    Less publicity from the media the better is what I meant. Obviously teams aren't going to underrate us.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Either way, difficult to read too much into the weagles game not so much because of their injuries and more because they are our bunnies (in the same way we are Adelaides).

The media is dribbling, but in the end we've won the last few against them and were the last team to end their streak.

Overall I think we're real contenders in the way we have got results this year - in particular against Geelong and Essendon. We have a lot of weapons at our disposal at the moment and our biggest gripe is that a utility player who does his job admirably could potentially be replaced by anther senior player in the wings. Pretty sure we're going to give it a shake this year.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Well I am going to put this out there...I think we are actually still 4 goals behind hawthorn and collingwood at the MCG and about the same against adelaide.

i think a fit josh gibson coming over the top and spoiling in our forward line can destroy it...exactly the same as in the first quarter against them at aurora and in the semi final last year. i think buddy will monster richards if the ball comes in often enough.

i think the collingwood defence will do the same thing, and travis cloke will monster grundy.

i think the adelaide midfield matches up as well on us as anybody, and their forward line is one of those that causes us real problems.

if we get the right set of results we can win this but i think the next month will be really interesting. we have to beat the saints otherwise there will be a m ajor deflation of our hopes and expectations...

i am notoriously pessimistic (although i was too gutless to post what i thought about sunday before hand - i expected to win by about 6 goals) but i think we are one of about 6 sides with a good chance - and if things fall our way we can win the whole thing - but lets not get ahead of ourselves - we are winning and playing good footy but we are hardly tearing teams apart. had essendon even kicked reasonably straight for three quarters the game would have been quite different, had we not kicked as accurately as we did across a range of games the scoreboard pressure we have put on sides would not have been there. we may well have beaten adelaide without goodes' injury, but maybe not. And we might have caught richmond had we scored the first goal after three-quarter time...

anyway the long and short of it is that we just have to get out there and really pound the saints this week. they really beat up on us at etihad and we need to turn that around this weekend.

especially since i am planning to come up for this game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast