Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Footy classified tonight

Warming the Bench

No Footy classified tonight

I was looking forward to footy classified tonight but they've taken it off tonight. Are the Melbourne media so paranoid about the Swan being on top of the ladder again for the second full week that they dumped the show for Batman?

Blog Entries
    Apparently it was on last night

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it was on last night. I fluked watching it as I have it recorded as a series on Foxtel IQ.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

I just watched it, in Wollongong. Grant Thomas backpedalling on the Swans, through gritted teeth. I don't know how to take them sometimes. Gary seems to like us, but I dunno, maybe I'm getting far too grumpy in my old age
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Warming the Bench
    Thanks for the link. What a day Sunday was.

Thanks again ugg. Gawddd what do y ou have to do to get any credence from the Melbourne Media for Sydney!! I don't have access to these programmes, and probably just as well I don't. That (except from Gary Lyon) was as mean spirited commendation as you would expect from your least favourite teacher.

So, solution? Win the bloody lot boys. I don't care, I am not going to sit the lid on the pot. I am turning the heat up to full blast and stuff the lot of them (except Gary).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

That made me want to throw an egg at the computer - Grant Thomas is an A grade tosser. "No highlights real", no stars in the midfield - I was wondering if he had actually seen them play! Then the total lack of respect - "i don't even know who their captain is" - isn't that his job as a footy commentator....

Sorry just watched it and had to vent - but Gary Lyons was fine

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
    Thanks for the link. What a day Sunday was.
    Admit it, you were really upset that you missed Ms Wilson this week.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Goes up to 11
    I am over getting angry at some of the second rate hacks posing as experts on the plethora of overblown and overhyped Melbourne-centric TV shows that spout forth rubbish on a regular basis about stuff they really have very little idea about....

Veterans List
    Is Carolyn Wilson the Andrew Bolt of Footy? "Okay they won but would you have them as flag favourites?" No Caro I'd pick your beloved Tigers for that . . .

I thought the decline of the Footy Show might be the end of dumb football commentary but there seems to be even more of it now. The only show I can watch is On The Couch. Though Dermot is improving on AFL Teams. Even 360 annoys me and I wish we still had the the program that did a review of the weekend's game in an hour. But Footy Classifieds (that I've never seen before) appears to be astonishingly bad - even 360 sometimes does some good tactical analysis (but not up with Roos' hatchet of the Tigers on OTC last night).

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I just watched it, in Wollongong. Grant Thomas backpedalling on the Swans, through gritted teeth. I don't know how to take them sometimes. Gary seems to like us, but I dunno, maybe I'm getting far too grumpy in my old age
    Cornflakes doesn't get us, which is good, we don't need him on the bandwagon.
    Lyon sees the games/teams for what they are, not through tainted media glasses.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast