0 0%
  • St. Kilda - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • St. Kilda - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 17 - St. Kilda

Round 17 - St. Kilda

What a great win on Sunday against the Eagles - our biggest win against them in Perth by a considerable margin.

Doesn't seem that long ago we played the Saints in Melbourne. Most tipsters thought we'd win and it ended up being a shocker. I think that result could be put down to poor attitude and lack of motivation on the day.

St. Kilda certainly won't lack motivation on Sunday, as they're clinging to the top 8 by their fingernails. They're coming off a couple of very good wins against Essendon and Brisbane.

We need to show them some respect, and if we do, our recent good form should continue.

Swans by 16.

Warming the Bench
    Think we should handle the Saints fairly easily back at the SCG. Their formlines are a little misleading. Not sure they are going as well as the media will have you believe. The win against the Lions was talk up like they beat a top 4 side! Nice win against a depleted bombers but before that smashed by the Kangaroos (another overrated team)

Swans by 35points

Im worried about this one. But surely we have learnt our lesson from last time. Swannies by 20.

This is a definite danger game , as they beat us convincingly in Rd 9.

But we have plenty of motivation, and if we are genuine flag contenders, then we simply need to be beating teams like St Kilda.

If our midfield keeps up its stellar form, then I think we will starve their forward line of too many chances, and should be able to win. Our record at the one ended Fortress is good this year and I expect it should be a good sized crowd ready to roar at the sight of the ball anywhere near Jetta!

Swannies by 17 in a reasonably tight, tough contest.

Saints have certainly caused us a few headaches over recent years but we are almost inarguably in our best form since 2006 and look pretty solid right across the paddock (and deep into our stand-bys). Nullify Nickers, Milne and Goddard and pour pressure onto the indecisive Gwilt and I think we well and truly have their measure.

122 Us - 78 Them.

On the Rookie List
    Yes its a danger game. I was at the round 9 game against them and its fair to say we were terrible....Being at the SCG however I think we'll have them covered in a close game as they will be going all out to keep their spot in the 8. On the other hand we should be going all out to keep top spot! Swans by 11.

Danger game. Saints seem to match up well on us. Think we are too good at the moment though. Mind you too often in recent years we have been going along well and managed to lose what we should win

Swans by 6.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Think we should handle the Saints fairly easily back at the SCG. Their formlines are a little misleading. Not sure they are going as well as the media will have you believe. The win against the Lions was talk up like they beat a top 4 side! Nice win against a depleted bombers but before that smashed by the Kangaroos (another overrated team)

Swans by 35points
    What will it say about our form if Adelaide belt West Coast by 100 points?

Jonothan Brown said on the radio today that it was the lions best effort for the year against St Kilda. It will be close.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratna View Post
    Danger game. Saints seem to match up well on us. Think we are too good at the moment though. Mind you too often in recent years we have been going along well and managed to lose what we should win

Swans by 6.
    This. While I expect us to win, I don't expect being able to relax until the final siren.

I'm confident for the same reason as last week: our mids are in awesome form and keen to atone for their soft effort last time.

Hannebery said he and the midfield group are determined to make amends for their poor performance against St Kilda six weeks ago.

?We got smashed, especially in that second and third quarter,? Hannebery recalled.

?We got absolutely obliterated in the midfield and around the ground, so (St Kilda) are going to be pretty confident coming up here and matching us because they did it last time.
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...6/default.aspx
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

We will win. SCG. Sunday arvo. Mids firing. Ted and the boys the iron wall. 12 goalkickers. 28 point margin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast