• St. Kilda - between 10 and 19 points

0 0%
  • St. Kilda - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • St. Kilda - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 17 - St. Kilda

We are flying, us by close to 10 goals. The saints are a solid pressure side but lack pace on the outside. We won't be fooled twice

Outside run has been one of their improvements this year I thought. They're definitely playing a more attacking style than they did under Lyon. It wasn't the sole reason they beat us, they just completed smashed us in the clearances and wouldn't allow us to touch the ball. When we did get hands on it they pressured us into turn overs. Come to think of it the Way they played that day is very similiar to the way we play when we're absoutely on, like the first 3 qtrs we played against Essendon. Their best is capable of beating us if we're only slightly off. Our best is capable of beating their best, but not by a great margin. Swans by 19.

Veterans List
    In the past couple of days I watched our Eagles game and then went back and saw the Dees game that was on when I was away. There was such a difference - we had the same game plan but were way down on skills earlier. Against the Eagles we were just unrelenting. I doubt if any team will beat us if we can maintain that hunger - and I do mean any team (except I haven't seen the Hawks in recent weeks). I hope we do.

Can anyone cite the key differences between the Swans now and when we played the Saints last time? Goodes and Mumford are in the side. We are more settled and playing a defensive forward. What else?
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Happy and I know it
    The team now clicks. They play as a complete unit, rather than a group of individuals. It's a joy to watch.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Can anyone cite the key differences between the Swans now and when we played the Saints last time? Goodes and Mumford are in the side. We are more settled and playing a defensive forward. What else?
    Reid back in form. We had a LOLworthy forward line against the AINTS.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veterans List
    Intensity and skill level from the mids, more rock-solid backs, almost a forward structure, excellent ruck, belief.

It will be interesting to see if the additional publicity makes a difference to the boys' concentration - one reason why I prefer us NOT to fly under the radar, but to deal with all comers in regards to publicity from the getgo. Practice, practice, practice.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Very generally, it seems like our gameplan has really clicked in the last few weeks - that is (to me anyway), lots of handball linkages to create overlaps and free up players and getting better outside run. The Eagles game was the best example of this working. It didn't work everytime, but when we got a squadron of runners off the halfback and through the middle being let loose by a series of super-quick handballs, we were pretty invincible. Add to this some confidence up forward, probably borne out of the improved delivery from the middle of the ground, and we are doing just dandy at the moment. One week at a time though....

Opti-pessi-misti
    I am thinking that maybe the sidelining of Goodes and Mummy for so many games was one of the 'better' things that has happened this season! Goodes and when he was not firing, Mummy seemed to be have become the fall back guy and with them out it forced the others to take more responsibility. Perhaps it was the last game v the saints that brought that home. Who is going to take hold of the game and turn it round when things start going pear shaped when there is no Goodes or Mummy? It was a bit scratchy in the end v Essendon and Geelong but they found a way. As Horse has said recently the team is no longer dependent on Adam Goodes to win games. The team now knows that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    We will win. SCG. Sunday arvo. Mids firing. Ted and the boys the iron wall. 12 goalkickers. 28 point margin.
    12 goalkickers - 29 point margin.

Not bad!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12