Thread: AL 360 - Roos vs Davis segment

Veterans List

AL 360 - Roos vs Davis segment

Did anyone else see the short segment between Paul Roos and Nick Davis on AFL 360 last night?

They were on a footy ground in Swans gear and chatting - or more accurately sending each other up. This is all paraphrased but Roos said something like "Isn't it ironic that we have Nick as a runner when he never ran as a player?" he then said "Nick only played one good quarter in his whole playing career" and Nick chipped in with "And you're still living off the benefits of that quarter". Nick then said his role with the Swans Academy was fitness and nutrition "do as I say, not as I did". But then said that was a joke but he did have some fitness input.

It was very funny but seemed quite bizarre. Good to see the two of them relating and joking together.

Yep, I caught that. It was good to see them having a laugh.

Made me wonder if the reported troubles between them was a media beat up? Or has the dynamic changed now that they're colleagues (at the Academy) rather than coach/player?
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Robbo looks better in camouflage than in real life. Is this clip part of a longer interview for Swans TV or something or maybe they have done a longer version for the half time break in Sunday's coverage on Fox?

Seven years is a long time.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Chopper Reid and the Disgraced former detective Roger Rabbit did a travelling comedy routine so I can see an opportunity here. Coming to an RSL Club near you !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Yep, I caught that. It was good to see them having a laugh.

Made me wonder if the reported troubles between them was a media beat up? Or has the dynamic changed now that they're colleagues (at the Academy) rather than coach/player?
    Davis doesn't strike me as someone who would hold a long term personal grudge. He is probably more aware than anyone else that his fitness and work rate weren't up to scratch late in his career.

I also suspect he is entirely happy with his football career. He may not have had the longevity of other players, but he retired with a premiership medal and a legacy that will be remembered for a long long time purely due to 30 minutes of footy he once played. He probably won't ever be inducted into the Swans Hall of Fame but he is already on their Heritage List, a far more unique achievement.

Veterans List
    Nick walked past me during the Lions game and I asked him if he'd really said that he'd never run as far in footy boots as he did in the Dogs (?) game? He said he had said that but, unless I heard wrongly amidst the noise, he said ""yeah, that's what I told Saddo."

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    That clip just re-hashed the same old cliches re Davo that have been coming up on this board for the past six years... funny, but!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar