Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: St Kilda match day thread

Typical Swans v Saints game and i'll take a 5 goal win against them any day. When lesser men fall by the wayside Josh Kennedy stands tall every week.
    Thank goodness for Mike Pyke and LRT too.

Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    I doubt you'd be alone, given that he's a perennial whipping boy, but I would certainly disagree. He had a number of shots at goal (unfortunately missing a few, but he's been pretty good with his goalkicking this season) and got a fair bit of the ball. Certainly had more impact than many others out there.
    He did have a few shots, but his body language and some of his chasing efforts seemed a bit Un swans like to me.

Senior Player
    Didn't see the match. Did Pyke have his best game for the club again today? Ho hum.

Well done swannies a win is a win thats all i can say,& yes i hope mummy is ok,we really need him.

Horrible game of footy, seemed to be a lot of rolling mauls and the way the swans these days like to spread the ball with a series of close handballs had me thinking it resembled another code altogether. But a win is a always a good win.

Tough hard game. Saints fighting for a finals spot - out of the top 8 tonight - so you know they threw everything at us and we came away with a solid 29 point win

Tough day at the office but we held up !

What was impressive was the way they held their nerve and hit back hard at St. Kilda during the last quarter. Mumford's loss was handled with quite well.

Not much to like about that first quarter though - we got jumped.

Anyway, it's 7 wins in a row, the first time since 1996. How long will the streak last?

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Didn't see the match. Did Pyke have his best game for the club again today? Ho hum.
    He Was very good. Took at least three or four strong ( contested ?) marks. Held his own in the ruck even without Mummy in support. He's growing with every game. Best game? It would be up there

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    He is credited with 38 hit outs and a fine effort.

1st quarter I was in despair; 2nd and 3rd I was biting my nails even as we pulled ahead; 4th quarter as the Saints pulled up to within 4 points at 25 minutes I thought "that's it, we're gonna blow this one" - and then oh me of little faith! Those last 5 minutes' blizzard of goals was beautiful. But yes, we played awfully nerve-wrackingly for too much of this game - we can't do that at this point. From here on every game is a final (well, OK, with apologies to our crosstown little brothers ... maybe not next week).

Poor poor effort, we were lucky to get away with that against an ordinary team with some good forwards. The most disappointing thing was our midfield fumbles and back line run.

Horse will smash them in the week

Maybe thats the loss we had to have without having a loss?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast