Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V The Suns

Is Seaby injured or is he just that out of favour?

Goes up to 11
    Thanks Kirkari for a well put post regarding how to behave and respond with civility here on the wonderful RWO. It was really well said and a post that I hope everyone reads. Perhaps a few times for it to all sink in....

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    Is Seaby injured or is he just that out of favour?
    Injured calf.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I have a feeling that Longmire might just want to get some good game time into both these boys so the sub will probably go to someone else. Don't be shocked if it is a player who we least expect. It could even go to someone like AJ etc

You may be right!! Longmire did make a point of saying they need to grab their opportunity with both hands so maybe he's planning to give them as close as possible to a full game to do it. I just don't think it seems like his style though, to mess with whoever he then makes the sub. Unless someone is a bit sore or under some other cloud - maybe Malceski if Horse thinks his form has slipped again. If it's one of these two I'm picking TDL.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Just wild about Harry
    The reason I dont post so much on here any more is because so many people dont know how to argue properly and reduce discussion to personal attack. I miss Big Al as well and I think the same could be said for him. When I checked out the WC fan site I was pleasantly surprised by the civility and respect during vigorous discussion. If this was the case here, there would be a lot more people posting.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    I was making a comment to Dirty Burt after a few posters said he was being hostile. I said if you read what I wrote properly that he should have added a "warm fuzzy" so people didn't think he was getting hostile.

Instead everyone gets overly sensitive and personal then goes completely off track.

So Jono and Kirkari, I have no idea what you're on about. with the direct and indirect attacks.

Football forums are an avenue of expression for people that usually know very little about the game, have even less personal involvement in it but feel that their passion gives them the right to comment on it anyway. Oh I like that, we did that come from?

So post away but excuse those of us who are involved in the development of the game to have a laugh every now and again at your seriousness. I'm too busy involved in the game to spend time posting who my best 22 players are. That's why we have a coaching panel for that job.
    I can't tell if you're trying to be ironic.

You follow a frankly rather implausible denial of attacking anyone directly or indirectly by saying how people who post on footy forums (I assume excluding yourself) know nothing and therefore have no right to comment. Nevertheless, you benevolently permit anyone who you deem to fall into this category to post, but warn them to be prepared to be laughed at (by which you really mean ridiculed, in my opinion) by people like yourself whose involvement in the game lend their opinions validity. This is commonly known as an indirect attack.

You say you have no time to pick the best team in a thread whose subject is to discuss who should be in the best team.

In any case, I am going to take this particular fishhook out of my mouth now. Apologies to everyone who's just trying to talk about the Swans!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    The reason I dont post so much on here any more is because so many people dont know how to argue properly and reduce discussion to personal attack. I miss Big Al as well and I think the same could be said for him. When I checked out the WC fan site I was pleasantly surprised by the civility and respect during vigorous discussion. If this was the case here, there would be a lot more people posting.
    That's really disappointing to hear, although I think there are only a small number of posters who for some reason favour sarcasm and aggression. Hopefully the likes of those posters will either modify their behaviours or go elsewhere, and the people who have made this site what it is will continue to add to the interesting and informative debate that can and should occur here.

Please come back to us Dosser and Big Al!!!

Should we all sit in a circle and chant Kumbaya?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    I can't tell if you're trying to be ironic.

You follow a frankly rather implausible denial of attacking anyone by saying how people who post on footy forums (I assume excluding yourself) know nothing and therefore have no right to comment. Nevertheless, you benevolently permit anyone who you deem to fall into this category to post, but warn them to be prepared to be laughed at (by which you really mean ridiculed, in my opinion) by people like yourself whose involvement in the game lend their opinions validity. This is commonly known as an attack.

You say you have no time to pick the best team in a thread whose subject is to discuss who should be in the best team.

In any case, I am going to take this particular fishhook out of my mouth now. Apologies to everyone who's just trying to talk about the Swans!
    Thanks for reading my mind however I answered your original post (in reference to my comments) and then moved back on topic, which you deleted from my original post. You chose to take what I wrote personally. That is not my fault.

Is it that hard to let go?
    Last edited by BillyRayCypress; 26th July 2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Should we all sit in a circle and chant Kumbaya?
    I'm partial to a few rousing verses of Hare Krishna.

Oops, I've upset the Swans supporting Hare Krishna fraternity now.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    I'm partial to a few rousing verses of Hare Krishna.

Oops, I've upset the Swans supporting Hare Krishna fraternity now.
    Dear DirtyBurt and BillyRay - please take your childish and offensive stuff elsewhere - its not funny and all it will achieve is to turn a lot of people off this site. I don't know about anyone else but I love RWO and enjoy having a laugh, some banter, learning a lot and I generally get a kick out of it. However posts such as your recent ones really do spoil it for a lot of people.

You guys both know your footy and have a lot of interesting and constructive things to say but quite frankly the tone of a lot of your recent posts have been unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Dear DirtyBurt and BillyRay - please take your childish and offensive stuff elsewhere - its not funny and all it will achieve is to turn a lot of people off this site. I don't know about anyone else but I love RWO and enjoy having a laugh, some banter, learning a lot and I generally get a kick out of it. However posts such as your recent ones really do spoil it for a lot of people.

You guys both know your footy and have a lot of interesting and constructive things to say but quite frankly the tone of a lot of your recent posts have been unacceptable.
    Mate, this is a footy site, get a grip with the hollier than thou nonsense. Please note that you are the only one actually targeting individuals, just because they differ from your view.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast