Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V The Suns

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Maybe some desperate mob like the Doggies will give us something for him...One can only hope.
    Perhaps you're right in terms of both his career at the Swans and a trade option to the Doggies.

He was a 70 + draft pick originally and maybe everyone placed very high and unrealistic expectations on him to fill in after Hall and Plugger.

I probably did. OK we can go after Cloke now.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Perhaps you're right in terms of both his career at the Swans and a trade option to the Doggies.

He was a 70 + draft pick originally and maybe everyone placed very high and unrealistic expectations on him to fill in after Hall and Plugger.

I probably did. OK we can go after Cloke now.
    I still hold hopes! I would love to see him on the list next year, with another year of development. Realistically, he will be on the table, but I would like him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    If I was going for balance , I wouldnt keep everitt in when second ruck is LRT. Personally I would go Parker and TDL in , everitt and mumford out. I think TDL can bring more to the table than everitt. Parker as sub.

I would also like to see white in for one last chance against a weaker team like the suns but I dont see it happenning unless they decided to swap LRT for him which is highly unlikely.

Gee you were on the money Mr Magoo. Even close with White now as first emergency. I think others may be right on parker not being sub though as may be better to let him start and sub him out if he runs out of puff with the lack of match fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Yes I'm going and looking forward to seeing the ground. Should be a good night.

The McGlynn bump happened right in front of us and was dead set legal. Goddard stayed down because it was either a good hit, he's soft and was trying to pull a free, or both.

IN - Parker, TDL
    Out - Mummy (rest him), Everitt (needs a full game in 2s)
    Woohoo! Horse reads my team suggestions!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Very supprised that Everitt isnt getting a full game against the Suns. I can only conclude that no one else in the starting 22 has any injury niggles at all, and therefore dont need a weeks rest.

Senior Player
    Just on the inclusion of TDL, the (inappropriately-named) "Game Plan" series at the Swans website has some interesting words this week:

Trent kicked a lot of goals last year, and I can understand why there is a lot of talk about him from people outside the club, but it?s not always about goals. But this season Trent has really taken on board what we value at this football club, and has been doing it on a weekly basis now. He has really valued the feedback he?s got this year and I think that?s the difference from last year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Just on the inclusion of TDL, the (inappropriately-named) "Game Plan" series at the Swans website has some interesting words this week:
    Sound good.
    Let's see how he goes again, as we have some big games coming up and it would be good to see him consolidate a spot in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Sound good.
    Let's see how he goes again, as we have some big games coming up and it would be good to see him consolidate a spot in the team.
    You can understand why the club wants this. TDLs size is never going to allow him to be a regular four goals in a game type player. He can probably at the top level be relied on to kick maybe two or three in a game at best so unless hes doing a lot of the other important things like tackling and putting pressure on the half backs etc then he really isnt that much value.

Good on him for working on his game to a point where he is forcing changes in a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Sound good.
    Great position to be in; struggling to fit good players into a side. I hope it continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Woohoo! Horse reads my team suggestions!
    Pretty good suggestion if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    You can understand why the club wants this. TDLs size is never going to allow him to be a regular four goals in a game type player. He can probably at the top level be relied on to kick maybe two or three in a game at best so unless hes doing a lot of the other important things like tackling and putting pressure on the half backs etc then he really isnt that much value.

Good on him for working on his game to a point where he is forcing changes in a winning team.
    Not many players in the history of the game average 4 goals a game. Nothing to do with his size.

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    That bloody vest. I've said it before that there is no point playing TDL as a near the end of the game sub. He seems to me a pure forward that needs to feel how the ball is coming in. Not running around like a headless chook trying to make an impact, especially if he's on borrowed time. Bird for mine.
    I agree completely. But I think Longmire has learnt this from playing him sub before. I dont think Longmire will make the same mistake twice. I suspect Parker to sub.