Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V The Suns

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Since Jesse got dropped after his magnificent 7 possession game against the Tigers we have won 8 out of 9. Surely Spangher would be a better option.
    Just come back from injury and not quite right as far as I can see. A bit slow to the contest on the weekend. That is why not! Not quite match fit I'd say. I must admit I am glad Lamb had a rest and fixed his injury probs up as he has been fantastic in the last 1.5 games as that is all he has played.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Possibly not against gold coast. Pyke as senior ruck is a worry though, seaby was in the centre last time Mumford out. If mummy misses 2, suspect white/LRT will both spend time around the ground in ruck.
    Why is Pyke a worry as senior ruck, he played really well when Mummy went off last week? He took the responsibility on his big shoulders and stood tall. He was very good all game last week but seemed to put an even bigger effort in the last half. TRUST Burt he will be more than ok. Done it before and was good.

Senior Player
    There is no room in the side for TDL. If we select him, we are going backwards, he is far too one dimensional as a small. Give Everitt a full game, and see how he goes, with Parker as sub.
    C'mon Chels!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    There is no room in the side for TDL. If we select him, we are going backwards, he is far too one dimensional as a small. Give Everitt a full game, and see how he goes, with Parker as sub.
    You could say the same about Milne being one dimensional. TDL has a lot of talent and apparently is playing well in the 2s. This would be the best game to see how he'd perform at seniors level.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why is Pyke a worry as senior ruck, he played really well when Mummy went off last week? He took the responsibility on his big shoulders and stood tall. He was very good all game last week but seemed to put an even bigger effort in the last half. TRUST Burt he will be more than ok. Done it before and was good.
    He is a project that is working. He is not a senior ruckman who can take the centre bounce all game. Simple

In the ruck?
    Already answered by others, but just to answer. No, obviously not, but I think we can do it with Pyke and LRT in the ruck this week, with maybe a few improvisations here and there in that department. That said, I got a bit excited about the idea of TDL, but if there's any way Parker can be played, he will be, probably as the sub.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

He is a project that is working. He is not a senior ruckman who can take the centre bounce all game. Simple
    He's a bit better than a 'project' now I believe. Ideally he rucks alongside Mummy, but I think he has shown in the past two weeks he can at the very least hold his own against quality opposition. He beat Mcevoy after Mummy went off IMO, and I rate Mcevoy. I know it's an imperfect system of measuring a players impact, but if you look at Pykes super coach average ( 81) that also tells you he's a bit better than a project. To put that into perspective, Reids is 63 and Joeys is 119.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    He's a bit better than a 'project' now I believe. Ideally he rucks alongside Mummy, but I think he has shown in the past two weeks he can at the very least hold his own against quality opposition. He beat Mcevoy after Mummy went off IMO, and I rate Mcevoy. I know it's an imperfect system of measuring a players impact, but if you look at Pykes super coach average ( 81) that also tells you he's a bit better than a project. To put that into perspective, Reids is 63 and Joeys is 119.
    He did well against Mcevoy for a half agreed. I just dont think he is ready to ruck against, cox, jolly etc for a whole game with only LRT as resting ruck. That was my point, which has been lost somewhat with long rambling tirades mentioning every reserve player!!

I also rate pyke btw, just think if both mummy and seaby not fit in finals. Pyke would need both white and LRT to take the load

He did well against Mcevoy for a half agreed. I just dont think he is ready to ruck against, cox, jolly etc for a whole game with only LRT as resting ruck. That was my point, which has been lost somewhat with long rambling tirades mentioning every reserve player!!

I also rate pyke btw, just think if both mummy and seaby not fit in finals. Pyke would need both white and LRT to take the load
    Fair point, He's probably not quite ready for that much responsibility just yet, but I trust if it was thrust on him he'd try his big Canadian heart out for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Fair point, He's probably not quite ready for that much responsibility just yet, but I trust if it was thrust on him he'd try his big Canadian heart out for the team.
    Yep, it's what has got us to where we are now. Our 'fringe' players have really lifted pyke, jetta, bird, parker (early season). That combined with a few solid performers moving from solid to elite, Ted, JPK, jack. There has been a lift across the whole team.

Kudos to longmire

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Already answered by others, but just to answer. No, obviously not, but I think we can do it with Pyke and LRT in the ruck this week, with maybe a few improvisations here and there in that department. That said, I got a bit excited about the idea of TDL, but if there's any way Parker can be played, he will be, probably as the sub.
    I'd probably want Parker in the starting team. With Mummy out, the ruck takes care of itself. We do however have to get Parker fit as he will be an in come finals and we want him firing. The GC may be better than last year, but it's stilla a good game to bring him back, give Everitt a ful game in the ressies and maybe Armstrong as sub
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Already answered by others, but just to answer. No, obviously not, but I think we can do it with Pyke and LRT in the ruck this week, with maybe a few improvisations here and there in that department.
    Improvisations?

I am sure a few coaches wound love to hear about them! The ruck is the hardest position to cover bar none. You don't contest, you get done, you can have the best midfield going around, you still get done.

I am guessing your forte is not ruck contests?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast