Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V The Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Improvisations?

I am sure a few coaches wound love to hear about them! The ruck is the hardest position to cover bar none. You don't contest, you get done, you can have the best midfield going around, you still get done.

I am guessing your forte is not ruck contests?
    No need to be so aggressive. Pyke and LRT should be sufficient as ruck men against the Suns. Which allows us to cover for Mumford as he has a rest for injury. And it is a chance to reward one of our seconds players who has been performing well week in week out in the reserves, like TDL or bring in Parker. Sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    No need to be so aggressive. Pyke and LRT should be sufficient as ruck men against the Suns. Which allows us to cover for Mumford as he has a rest for injury. And it is a chance to reward one of our seconds players who has been performing well week in week out in the reserves, like TDL or bring in Parker. Sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me.
    Aggressive??? Seriously?

No problem with pyke/LRT against the suns. As i have said all along its against quality teams i think they would struggle. I am just wondering what the Improvisations quoted were? It's way of avoiding any real explanation. It's the equivalent of 'let's include TDL, well, just because'

Goes up to 11
    Improvisations?

I am sure a few coaches wound love to hear about them! The ruck is the hardest position to cover bar none. You don't contest, you get done, you can have the best midfield going around, you still get done.

I am guessing your forte is not ruck contests?
    I agree - no need to be so aggressive. It is extremely likely that Mike + LRT will be this week's ruck combo.

Going on the attack like that is a pretty sure-fire way to discourage people from posting here and I don't think is really necessary in this case. Perhaps just toning it down a little would be a good idea. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I agree - no need to be so aggressive. It is extremely likely that Mike + LRT will be this week's ruck combo.

Going on the attack like that is a pretty sure-fire way to discourage people from posting here and I don't think is really necessary in this case. Perhaps just toning it down a little would be a good idea. Thanks...
    Gawd, didn't realize I had stumbled onto the junior Sunday school website by mistake! I thought this was a footy discussion board?

An assertion was made that you replace your leading centre bounce ruckman with a one dimensional small forward. This was done in the form of a silly schoolboy song. When questioned the answer was 'with a few Improvisations in that area'

I think it is reasonable to question that nonsense? Should I have done it in a silly song? Would that be less 'aggresive'?

The main thrust if the discussion has been whether we pick a ruck division 'just' for the suns or to prepare for finals. If just suns, a weak ruck will likely suffice. It won't hold up against the finals sides.

Apologies to original poster if you are in fact under 15, otherwise pull your heads in sir galahads

Goes up to 11
    A simple sorry would have sufficed. After all, civility, like this great website, is free.....

Goes up to 11
    And FWIW I think Mike and LRT will be fine for this week against the Suns, but for following weeks I would hope that Mummy is back. We have been at our best with Mummy and Mike and will hopefully have that combo for the rest of the season after this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    And FWIW I think Mike and LRT will be fine for this week against the Suns, but for following weeks I would hope that Mummy is back. We have been at our best with Mummy and Mike and will hopefully have that combo for the rest of the season after this weekend...
    Agreed, however, again, the point is, will mummy be back next week? the week after? If not, we either hope for Seaby to get up, or trial ruck combo, likely Pyke/white/lrt.

Or we somehow 'improvise' lah de de lah de dum, chacha cha chacha

Goes up to 11
    Considering we have only 3 ruckmen on the list, hopefully one of Mummy or Seaby is available after this weekend. I don't consider LRT or Jesse or anyone else to be any more than a stop-gap option, so taking on anyone else other than the Suns with just Mike isn't really the best outcome.

We used to have this really promising young ruckman about 10 years ago - Adam something-or-other..... Goodes - that's it.....I think he went on to bigger and better things in other positions... He's tall, could probably still jump a bit..... hmmmm....

Hope is a wonderful thing, most professional afl teams prefer to prepare thoroughly rather than rely on hope though.

Goodes won't ruck again, so the 'realistic' options are pyke, white & LRT (whether you regard them as stopgaps or not) With our other rucks (seaby & mummy) injured I suspect that is the combo they will trial.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    ..., so the 'realistic' options are pyke, white & LRT ...
    Reid? Our last good CHF(BBBH) used to often take the ruck in the F50. Sammy probably needs a bit more bulk though.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Reid? Our last good CHF(BBBH) used to often take the ruck in the F50. Sammy probably needs a bit more bulk though.
    I'm worried he would snap, Bruce Reid style!!

Goes up to 11
    Whatever happens, tonight's team announcement should confirm whether Jesse is gone, or if there is some flicker of hope. If he's not picked tonight, surely his Swans career is over...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast