Thread: So Much For Essendon

So Much For Essendon

Last night proved just how far Essendon have to go to match the 'Big Boys'. Hawthorn made them look like an under 9's outfit they were that inept. Don't get me wrong the Hawks were awesome and I believe are the side to beat.

The Media have been talking Essendon up all season as a contender and I was never convinced. Even without their injuries I thought they were just short of a good side. Leigh Matthews also was sceptical of their contender status and was not backward in saying so last night. Maybe he just needed to rub it in with all the rivalry background to the clash.

They may make the eight but I would suggest they will be lucky. They play Crows, Kangas, Blues, Tigers and Pies in the run home. Not an easy run even if some of the sides there are a little erratic. I think they will have trouble beating Tigers & Kangas and can write off Crows & Pies so only Blues and even they could beat Bombers.

Blog Entries
    Hawthorn are definitely the team to beat this year, they've made to good teams look average in the last 2 weeks.
    Should be a huge game against them in a few weeks time.

Hawthorn = WOW
    That display last night was genuinely awesome and they fully deserve to be premiership favourites.

They were clinical in cutting Essendon up. It was almost depressing to watch for them, and Buddy isn't even back yet!

But at the same time it also showed up Essendon's deficiencies. Hawks awesome Essendon very shaky! I would suggest that against good sides Essendon will struggle. They can't blame 'young player' syndrome like Suns & GWS as they have only blooded 3first year players all year. But I do feel they have run out of puff.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Hawthorn has looked better without Buddy.
    Less predictable, more avenues to goal, and less points.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!