Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V The Suns

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Since Jesse got dropped after his magnificent 7 possession game against the Tigers we have won 8 out of 9. Surely Spangher would be a better option.
    Not at the moment. Spangher missed a week with a recurrence of his back/hamstring injuries and yesterday was his return game for the reserves. He looked far from his best, and his form hadn't been great prior to him missing the previous game. I think we need to give up on the likelihood of Spangher coming in and making any impact this season (unless we are beset with injuries towards the end of the season).

Given Walsh (who had been in good form) injured himself early in yesterday's game, the options in the reserves are TDL, White or Parker, depending on the type of player wanted. Mitchell was good but I reckon they will hold him back until next year unless they have to use him. Cunningham was good too, but he's not the kind of player we need to inject.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    ... We needed that small forward for much of the game today.
    Oh boy, did we ever. We also needed Shaw on Milne a lot more than Smith.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Smith's our best small defender of course, but I'd be interested what he could do in the midfield or up forward if given the opportunity.

Senior Player
    As I mentioned in a previous thread , before Mummy's injury( but in fear/anticipation of it ) - why not bring Seaby in to keep him fresh ? Is he really so far down the pecking order that Jesse White is considered a likelier ruck option ?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Seaby's injured and missed the last reserves game.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Since Jesse got dropped after his magnificent 7 possession game against the Tigers we have won 8 out of 9. Surely Spangher would be a better option.
    So if you get dropped for 7 possession games then I guess LRT might be the one to make way for him then?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    So if you get dropped for 7 possession games then I guess LRT might be the one to make way for him then?
    Sorry, but you have lost all credibility since not noticing the crowd was 2 down in Sunday! Don't compound it by picking on our silky haired love child

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Either but sphanger can't ruck if required forward.
    LRT and Pyke to ruck. We dont need 3 ruckmen.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    Why do we have to replace Mummy with a ruckman? .
    I agree. Bring back a Jarred Moore for a jarred knee and then give him Mike Pyke's allocation of caffeine. He'd be like a mexican jumping bean.

Revitalise his career at the Swans as a leaping midget ruckmen.

If you read through these forum's week after week you read this player should be dropped and that players should be dropped but come selection time, they are back in the team. Team wins.

Maybe the Club knows a bit more than the mug forum poster.

Well, I'll go back supporting my jumping midget ruckman algorithm. It makes sense.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    LRT and Pyke to ruck. We dont need 3 ruckmen.
    Possibly not against gold coast. Pyke as senior ruck is a worry though, seaby was in the centre last time Mumford out. If mummy misses 2, suspect white/LRT will both spend time around the ground in ruck.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Sorry, but you have lost all credibility since not noticing the crowd was 2 down in Sunday! Don't compound it by picking on our silky haired love child
    I agree. He really lifts the team in terms of hair styles. I still can't work out how he is bad enough to get carted off to Hospital by ambulance last week and then plays this week.

Obviously the head scans found nothing..............he he.

Can't judge the effect by his decision making skills.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

White & TDL for Mummy and Everitt. White allows us to best replicate our favoured structure of LRT in the forward line and two ruckman switching Ruck and forward. TDL is on fire ( fromall reports) and needs to get a run i the seniors. We Need to fit Parker in too somehow. Maybe one of Jude or ROK could use a rest this week. It's not unusual for blokes of their age to sit a game or two out to freshen up , though I doubt either would be happy about it.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast