0 0%
  • Gold Coast - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • Gold Coast - 40 points or more

2 4.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 18 - Gold Coast

Round 18 - Gold Coast

Absolutely no excuses for a loss this weekend. The Suns boast the second worst attack and defence in the competition.

We'd better be switched on, because this is the last chance we'll get for more percentage before the really tough stuff starts. And as Collingwood, Hawthorn and Adelaide all get a crack at either GWS or Gold Coast before the finals, percentage might end up being crucial.

Swans by at least 50 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Absolutely no excuses for a loss this weekend. The Suns boast the second worst attack and defence in the competition.

We'd better be switched on, because this is the last chance we'll get for more percentage before the really tough stuff starts. And as Collingwood, Hawthorn and Adelaide all get a crack at either GWS or Gold Coast before the finals, percentage might end up being crucial.

Swans by at least 50 points.
    No excuses indeed - especially as I'll be making the trek up to the game with my brother and Sister-in-law (their first AFL games) and I want to see us show Gold Coast no mercy at all!

Percentage is going to be critical, so we need to win big, and I want to see a solid, even performance across the four quarters.

Swannies by 12 goals is my prediction.

On the Rookie List
    A loss here is just unthinkable, the top team against the second last side who has won 4 games in nearly 2 seasons.....add to that the importance of a win and big win and im not ruling out a 100 point plus victory here, but perhaps not as the game is at metricon but a big big win is needed. The team just has to be switched on to maintain top 4 and even top 2. Swans by 83 (with a 4 qtr relentless effort).

Really, i just think this will be a Practice mach for the Boys.

Senior Player

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Jesus, kirky really is a cringe these days. He sounds like a monotone motivational speaker from a well known sitcom

We will win by percentage... and lots of it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List
    Wow. Never thought I would hear kirky refer to as 'our or us' in opposition to the swans when talking about them being a chance this week. I know he's working for them but geez, I find that really surprising.

Kirky's not at the Gold Coast ,He's in DISNEYLAND!!! lol

Kirky certainly has lost his marbles in a sense, i do take his point however that we have come off 2 games but i still think well get the job done.

Veterans List
    I've watched the Gold Coast on telly the past two weeks and they certainly look much better then earlier in the year.
    They do have quite a bit of pace and several players who need to be closely held.

That said, we are on top of the ladder and they are 16 rungs below us so if we come to play it should be 40-50 points at least.

We're on a 7 game winning streak with several intense games in that run. Bombers and Cats were both nail-biters, and Eagles and Saints both required the team to really lift mentally. I wouldn't be surprised to see the lads get themselves in some trouble in this game. Not to the extent of losing but 'only' a cruising win in the 20 to 39 point bracket. All eyes on Pies and Hawks games to see what we've really got here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast