• Gold Coast - between 10 and 19 points

0 0%
  • Gold Coast - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • Gold Coast - 40 points or more

2 4.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 18 - Gold Coast

We'll win, but not as much as people think. 43 points maybe. Have seen a few of G.C.'s games this year on the Telly and although they haven't been winning, they've been ultra competitive.

They're a far better team on their own dung heap than away from it but we should get the biscuits comfortably. I do wonder why the Suns are playing so much better now than they were earlier in the year though. Their kids are a year older than those at GWS but I'd still have thought they'd have tailed off a bit. They really were very disappointing in the first half of the year.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    They're a far better team on their own dung heap than away from it but we should get the biscuits comfortably. I do wonder why the Suns are playing so much better now than they were earlier in the year though. Their kids are a year older than those at GWS but I'd still have thought they'd have tailed off a bit. They really were very disappointing in the first half of the year.
    And yet they are still to actually win a game at Cararra. It has only been the last few weeks that their form has markedly improved, which was around the same time as Blight took over his new role. While I am not sure of Blight's influence on tactics in today's style of game, maybe his presence has challenged all around him to step things up.

Senior Player
    A lot of them are starting to move past 20 or 30 games. You'd expect them to step up a bit. Look for it again in a year or two when they start to move past 50 and 60 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    ... I do wonder why the Suns are playing so much better now than they were earlier in the year though. Their kids are a year older than those at GWS but I'd still have thought they'd have tailed off a bit. ...

Maybe Kirky actually knows something about what he's doing.

From the article:
    "...Kirk is working to establish foundations which will see all members of the organisation held accountable for their on and off field performances by each other.

It?s an ethical framework he feels is crucial for the GC SUNS as they mould a young list and build towards a period of pro-longed premiership success."

But agreed, we should win this by a nice margin.

To those who think he's lost it - I notice he says they're a big chance and that anything's possible, not that he is actually picking them to win. What else would you expect him to say?
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12