Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Crowd Predictions for Sydney vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    45,827 oh alright I was a few wrong.......
    Suprised by that figure, there looked like more than that on the tv. I assume the top tier was closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Suprised by that figure, there looked like more than that on the tv. I assume the top tier was closed?
    No, it wasn't closed on either side of the ground. That usually means a crowd of 50K+, and yes, it did look like there were more than 46K at the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    No, it wasn't closed on either side of the ground. That usually means a crowd of 50K+, and yes, it did look like there were more than 46K at the ground.
    Maybe quite a few thousand failed the 'toughness test' on the way in and were not deemed hardened up?

Maybe quite a few thousand failed the 'toughness test' on the way in and were not deemed hardened up?
    I don't know. The weather leading up to the game from Thursday onwards was not good, so that might have had an effect. But it did look quite a good crowd on TV.

I don't know. The weather leading up to the game from Thursday onwards was not good, so that might have had an effect. But it did look quite a good crowd on TV.
    Certainly did, I am genuinely suprised by the actual figure.What do you think the split was swans vs pies fans, roughly obviously

Certainly did, I am genuinely suprised by the actual figure.What do you think the split was swans vs pies fans, roughly obviously
    Collingwood's supporters always concentrate at the southern end of the stadium, where each bay holds about 1200 people. There were about 4-5 bays worth of them, so, together with those scattered elsewhere, probably 6,000-7,000 Collingwood supporters, and the rest Swans.

Collingwood's supporters always concentrate at the southern end of the stadium, where each bay holds about 1200 people. There were about 4-5 bays worth of them, so, together with those scattered elsewhere, probably 6,000-7,000 Collingwood supporters, and the rest Swans.
    Thanks, disappointing, would have expected more (swans fans) given the build up. Not that suprised though

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112