Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd Predictions for Sydney vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    And this week GWS is playing at Skoda... now THAT is going to be some crowd! It's going to be embarrassing.
    Not with the Ressies watchers turning up. The place will be packed.

Anyone know if I can get a seat near the away team benches at Skoda. The regulars will know why.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

Anyone know if I can get a seat near the away team benches at Skoda. The regulars will know why.
    Welcome back Al, I've missed you! Please don't stay away again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

Thought of changing your name to Merve the Perve?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Welcome back Al, I've missed you! Please don't stay away again.....
    x 2. Welcome back.

I like Big Al.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    1st v 2nd on the ladder
    Swans bandwagon in full swing with 9 wins in a row
    Collingwood army always come up in big numbers
    Hawthorn game sold out so demand might drive more casual fans to this game too.

Surely will threaten the 72k record from 2003?

The only downside is the forecast for rain on the day and the surrounding days.

The rain predicted isn't of biblical proprortions (hopefully) So I reckon there will be in excess of 50000- if the Afl and the media build it up enough ( and let's face it the sports carnival in London hasn't brought us a great deal of joy - unless you are chinese, american, a pom or from Kasikstan) this is the opportunity to go all out with promotion. 1st playing 2nd so close to the finals is an advertisers dream.

I resisted the temptation to speculate on the crowd size this Saturday night until the Carlton game was done and dusted.

We've played Collingwood at Homebush nine times for a cumulative crowd figure of 473,346 - an average of 52,954 per game.

Our last really big crowd against them was in 2008, when almost 60,000 people turned up. After that, however, the crowds fell away as it dawned we were just not competitive against them.

With the exception of the first time we played Collingwood at Homebush, when it was 4th versus 3rd in Round 21 of 2003, all other encounters have been mid-season. So this year, the timing is right. And this time, it's first versus second, with first looking to break an appalling hoodoo.

The game is already being heavily promoted on television here in Sydney, and there'll be huge numbers of Collingwood fans who make the trip (check their fan forum), so I think it's reasonable to predict we'll get something close to the long-term average crowd of about 53,000.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    There will a crowd of around 34,000.

The city2surf on the next morning so I and 80,000 other crazies will be running to Bondi instead of of getting drunk, abusing Collingwood supporters, and daring each other to think about the DREAM!!!
    doof-doof

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    There will a crowd of around 34,000.

The city2surf on the next morning so I and 80,000 other crazies will be running to Bondi instead of of getting drunk, abusing Collingwood supporters, and daring each other to think about the DREAM!!!
    if Jude can say his knee is ok at the end of the game and wants to play...... surely you can run (a little fun run) hungover

Regular in the Side
    I have on a numbers of occasions through this thread ask the question: why shouldn't the crowd in 2012 match that mighty 2003 attendance of 72,000. I have now found two answers.

One: the novelty of ANZ Stadium as an Olympic main stadium has gone. In 2003 the Sydney Olympics had just past less than three years earlier. In the past dozen years people have for all sorts of reasons developed a dislike for Homebush.

Two: in 2003 rhe Swans had enjoyed recent wins over the Pies, including a magnificient win at Docklands in Round 6, 2003. This time around Collingwood have won something like 10 in a row, with no Swans victory in 7 years. Expectations are lower.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    I have on a numbers of occasions through this thread ask the question: why shouldn't the crowd in 2012 match that mighty 2003 attendance of 72,000. I have now found two answers.

One: the novelty of ANZ Stadium as an Olympic main stadium has gone. In 2003 the Sydney Olympics had just past less than three years earlier. In the past dozen years people have for all sorts of reasons developed a dislike for Homebush.

Two: in 2003 rhe Swans had enjoyed recent wins over the Pies, including a magnificient win at Docklands in Round 6, 2003. This time around Collingwood have won something like 10 in a row, with no Swans victory in 7 years. Expectations are lower.
    I think part of the problem with ANZ crowds is simply we tend to lose when we play there so many people who have come in the past, many of whom aren't rusted on fans, lost interest. Hopefully our current ladder position might tempt them back.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast