Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Update on SCG redevelopment

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    No move for me this year. I'll just have to continue to suffer with being directly opposite the centre circle at the front of the Brewongle. *starts sobbing*
    There there Al, it will all be ok,
    I'm sure the team appreciates your sacrifice.
    You can always come join the Brewongle concourse crowd, not only are we awesome but we get our own end of season party
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    No move for me this year. I'll just have to continue to suffer with being directly opposite the centre circle at the front of the Brewongle. *starts sobbing*
    Funny thing was that my seat was directly in line with the centre circle on the opposite side in the concour..... Oh look, a shiny new stand - let's go there!....

Will the SCG be longer this season? From memory it was mentioned about seven meters was added to the ground size during the cricket commentary.

Edit - sorry - I now see this was addressed earlier in the thread.

Update on the mico-brewery??

How many styles? Will there be guest taps? Who's contracted out to do the brewing?

So exciting!!
    -

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Update on the mico-brewery??

How many styles? Will there be guest taps? Who's contracted out to do the brewing?

So exciting!!
    In a special brewers' pavilion, fitted-out with wooden floors and cooper kettles, the Matilda Bay Brewing Co will pour six craft beers and ciders on tap, including Fat Yak pale ale, Minimum Chips lager and Itchy Green Pants cloudy ale. It's a far cry from light beer in a plastic cup.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

I fear some RWOers will take up permanent residence.

Thanks.

However, Matilda Bay?

Unsure-Larry-David.jpg
    -

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Thanks.

However, Matilda Bay?

Unsure-Larry-David.jpg
    Take what you can get that isn't carlton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

also mad props to the LD gif. Perfection.

Yes. Itchy green pants cloudy ale doesn't sound very inviting to me.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I decided to keep my seat in the Trumper stand as it is closer to the exit for the buses to Central. I was in Bay 314 in row U, but requested an isle seat this year. Hopefully I get. The only drawback for me was the sun, but we don't have many day games this season so shouldn't be a big issue.
    Haven't put my seat request in, but have been convinced by Member Services to move from Bay 314 to the new stand (back to my roots so to speak). I was in row P which is just where the rows broaden out - bit of an issue with people coming up & down stairs, but if it's aisle access you're looking for, it certainly provides that.

Well further to our discussion on the new facilities. I got to experience them first hand last night after winning tickets into the Members for the Sixers v Scorchers 20/20 game. The 2nd level where we sat offered outstanding views. Lucky you if these are your member seats for 2014 and beyond! I visited the brewery and enjoyed a Fat Yak beer for $8.50. There were others on tap. I followed this with a thin salami pizza which was quite tasty. Lots of different food offerings available. The open spaces for people to mingle in the stand was impressive too. This is a world class grandstand!
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Well further to our discussion on the new facilities. I got to experience them first hand last night after winning tickets into the Members for the Sixers v Scorchers 20/20 game. The 2nd level where we sat offered outstanding views. Lucky you if these are your member seats for 2014 and beyond! I visited the brewery and enjoyed a Fat Yak beer for $8.50. There were others on tap. I followed this with a thin salami pizza which was quite tasty. Lots of different food offerings available. The open spaces for people to mingle in the stand was impressive too. This is a world class grandstand!
    I went last night also and I too went and had a look see and Matt is quite correct, this is outstanding! The vision from both the levels that were open last night was brilliant, and the food outlets and open space is excellent.
    The food certainly isn't cheap but it's beautiful and far better than anything else available in other areas of the ground. In our group of five, between us we had the noodles, pizza, sausage, hamburger and a pie and all of it was delightful and compared to the crap I had to eat in the Churchill last Sunday, better value!
    My husband was thrilled with the beer choices and for the first time didn't whinge about how much he had to pay for watered down dish water in a plastic cup!
    I'm glad I'm a red zone member, it will definitely be worth the wait.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j s View Post
    I believe this is a "refurbishment" rather than "replacement" but I haven't seen any details of what is proposed.
    That is correct. It will not be pulled down and rebuilt.

Just major botox and makeover.

If you look at the ceiling, it looks like it going to fall down in places.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345