Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheeds Reckons we are the only side capable of tackling the Hawks

Sheeds Reckons we are the only side capable of tackling the Hawks

Interesting article in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Swans only flag challenger to Hawks: Sheedy

He also says to beat them we still have to improve. After seeing them play the last few weeks I tend to agree with him. We are the second best side in the comp at the moment as far as the way we are playing. They are awesome at this time and will be very hard to beat. I think we have improvement to do and will improve as the season goes on. As we get players back from injury and they settle back, like Lukie, Mummy & Sammy we will be a far better side. Come finals time we will improve because we have to! That is the Bloods Ethic!!!

I think for us to "lift" to hot favourites, someones got to come up from the 2's and play a few blinders.

TDL, Jesse - tried to many times.
    Spranger - maybe, if he can get fit.
    Mitch Morton .... I think he's the one.

Barry I think Mitch is due for a blinder in the top level. I saw him play against Belconnen Magpies and he was starting to look pretty good especially in the last half. He was just returning from injury and was a little rusty in the first half but in the second he was magic and this week he has continued right on. I think he is due for a huge one and I'd like it to be in our Seniors team!!

I hope he's right.

I recall him saying something similar back in 2005, after we'd just beaten Essendon in Melbourne for the first time since the late 1980s.

Did you notice his sly dig at the SCG when referring to us playing Hawthorn - ''It'd be nice to get them on a ground where everybody would be able to see it". Classic Sheedy.

My thoughts on Morton are that our reserves play in a comp that is probably ten times below AFL standard and makes it impossible to show true form and from all reports his defencive work is still not up to scratch to be a good AFL player you must be prepared to work both ways

Quote Originally Posted by swans32 View Post
    My thoughts on Morton are that our reserves play in a comp that is probably ten times below AFL standard and makes it impossible to show true form and from all reports his defencive work is still not up to scratch to be a good AFL player you must be prepared to work both ways
    I have been to all the games played before the Seniors this year and I think his defensive pressure has improved dramatically. Reports are just that the opinion of the person posting. Most agree though that he has improved in that area. The team played were the Gold Coast Suns and they had a full contention of players most of whom have played at AFL level. So the point about the 'ten times below AFL standard' doesn't hold. If the Suns reserves were that bad the Seniors would have beaten their Seniors by at least 200 points. Their reserves are very good side and would be the match of any SANFL, VFL or WAFL side and so would our Two's with all listed players playing.

On the Rookie List
    Kiss of death
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think for us to "lift" to hot favourites, someones got to come up from the 2's and play a few blinders.

TDL, Jesse - tried to many times.
    Spranger - maybe, if he can get fit.
    Mitch Morton .... I think he's the one.
    I agree, its time he was given a go. Reid is out for a few weeks so bring him in and see what he can do. He has proven in the past with the tiges that he can play blinders so im all for giving him a go. As far as us being the only challenger to the hawks, may be true but does anyone really think that we can beat them on the G?? As much as id want to believe it I just couldnt see it, their form there has been just awesome (except against the tigers) and ours, well need I say more? Still id love for the opportunity to play them in a GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Did you notice his sly dig at the SCG when referring to us playing Hawthorn - ''It'd be nice to get them on a ground where everybody would be able to see it". Classic Sheedy.
    I took that as a sly dig at Aurora stadium, where we last played, and beat, them.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Hawthorn scare the hell out of me. They really carved Essendon up

Since when do we care what Kevin Sheedy thinks, anyway?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    ''They've got to get better, but they've been very, very good and they're always a chance,'' he said.
    I pretty much agree with Sheeds. As good as the Swans have been this year it's not going to get any easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast