Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Sydney Swans VS Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Which wing would the pies outlet to at the scg?

How much space would either buddy or roughy get forward of 50?

How would cox drift around unchecked on the scg?

How would Thompson dominate inside knowing he has Douglas, van berlo, Vince and the porp to handball to at the scg?

Just a thought
    Well, Thompson and the Crows found the answer to that earlier in the season, didn't they? And Buddy and his buddies sure as hell had the answers to it last year - that was our worst defeat at the SCG for quite a while.

It's just not a good idea to become SCG-dependent. We never won any finals away from Sydney when we were an SCG-only outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    add Mumford to Reid and Goodes as 'bone on bone' can be weeks before he is free of pain. Hopefully Mummy can overcome it quickly...[snip]
    Mummy was interviewed before the game and sounded pretty definite to play next week. I think he said something like he could have played this week but it was only gold coast, so they rested him. (Actually, he didn't say that about gold coast, but I couldn't work out how to do strikethrough formatting. He said "they wanted to be cautious" or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by 31 hard at it View Post
    Having to put up with the unbiased commentary of Alister Lynch made the game difficult to watch.

Why have him lead the comments during the game when he is clearly pumping up GC !
    Commentators pump up GC for the same reason the pump up GWS when we play them i.e. "Gee this top of the ladder team is playing well" is not exactly news, nor is it particularly interesting and they often don't seem to have much to say in the way of genuine insight. Same reason why the "changes for next week" threads have been pretty low volume these days. What is there to say when you are playing well? I notice we are down to picking the order of our first 22 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Mike is getting better game by game - wish someone would unleash him and tell him to kick the bejesus out of that ball and not handball; he has a boomer of a kick.
    +1 on this. Once or twice he handballed to a player running backwards! This just doesn't get us anything. And his kicking was by no means terrible tonight either. Back yourself Mike! Play on and go for a run with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Dunno why you'd think that. We're no certainties at the SCG. We learned that last year.
    +1. I'm starting to think we play the SCG badly - it's too small. We end up bombing it long into our forward line for little result. It's my favourite ground as a fan because it is close to home and has a great atmosphere, but I think the team plays better on a ground like ANZ, Subi or even Etihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Well, Thompson and the Crows found the answer to that earlier in the season, didn't they? And Buddy and his buddies sure as hell had the answers to it last year - that was our worst defeat at the SCG for quite a while.

It's just not a good idea to become SCG-dependent. We never won any finals away from Sydney when we were an SCG-only outfit.
    Sure like in 2005? You make the granny and hit it hard .

We are not last year, or even early in the year when we 'just' lost to the crows.

Home ground advantage is massive. Listen to rok's comments last year about scg vs homebush and see what the club want.

Goodes was double and triple teamed all night, and Warnock was on him like a backpack. Managed one free against the tidal wave paid to the Suns.

Was guilty of not being selfish enough by trying to dish off a couple of times, but more than made up for that by kicking beautifully at goal from his opportunities. Otherwise was a handful and would be pretty happy with his game I reckon.

Mids seem to be doing ok(!!) so leave well enough alone for mine. What a luxury to be able to leave Goodes forward for most of a game. Once upon a time we needed him forward, back and in the middle, ideally all at once but not anymore!

Happy to see them grind a win out when not at best - save the best for when it is needed against the other serious teams in the comp. A second gear win racking up 72 points . . . sheesh, what more could we want?!?!!? Game was never a serious contest, only downer was picking up a few injuries along the way.

And for the highlight reel - seeing Campbell Brown as a speedbump. Beautiful. And then to see him gob off at Goodesy when it was Brown's choice to try to bump - gold! And to Colbert for the 'karma bus' comment (quoted Brown as saying Goodes corky was the karma bus at play) - both he and Brown have short memories.

If the karma bus was real, one C Brown would have been roadkill many times over by now!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Dont get too far ahead.......we need to beat Carlton.I see the Hawks as the big game if we get over the Blues/Dogs...beating the Hawks could guarantee us top 2 along with Adelaide...Yes Adelaide..they have a soft run home. That would set the cat amongst the pidgeons in good old melb town!
    Beating the Hawks would not only give us a probable top 2 finish, it would give us incredible momentum and confidence going into finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Beating the Hawks would not only give us a probable top 2 finish, it would give us incredible momentum and confidence going into finals.
    Why? Look at the draw, if we win next 3, we seem to be forgetting the pies.

You're really asking why beating the Hawks would give us momentum and a massive confidence boost? I think that one is obvious.

Geelong in the last round is suddenly looking a bit more tricky, though.

Not forgetting the Pies at all, I simply meant that the Hawks appear to be THE team so beating a team that looks pretty much invincible ATM would give us great momentum, much like beating the Cats at the Cattery did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    You're really asking why beating the Hawks would give us momentum and a massive confidence boost? I think that one is obvious.

Geelong in the last round is suddenly looking a bit more tricky, though.
    Nope I'm asking why we need to think of hawks game as the big one. Look at the draw of other teams (again). if we win next 3 (including pies) do you think our top 2 chances are high?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Not forgetting the Pies at all, I simply meant that the Hawks appear to be THE team so beating a team that looks pretty much invincible ATM would give us great momentum, much like beating the Cats at the Cattery did last year.
    Sure the hawks look good, we won't play them at the scg again this year. That game Will be competetive, it's not a must win. We need to beat them on a big ground or at homebush.

We are not last year, or even early in the year when we 'just' lost to the crows.

Home ground advantage is massive. Listen to rok's comments last year about scg vs homebush and see what the club want.
    Actually, Longmire was asked about this earlier in the year and he said that the club actually liked playing at ANZ. The team has a good record there and it suits our style. He acknowledged that SCG has a better atmosphere but said it didn't really matter to the team.

Of course you would expect coaches (other than Sheedy) to take a diplomatic approach to a question like that.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast