Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Sydney Swans VS Gold Coast Suns

Happy and I know it
    Not the most exciting game of footy I've ever seen but we'll take the win. Still number 1 - go Swans.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney V View Post
    Give the kid a break Dirtybut
    Sure, thought we were discussing footy though?

Goodes desperately needs to be given a run on the ball next week - it really would help him I think. He is just looking like he is struggling even with the contest

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Goodes desperately needs to be given a run on the ball next week - it really would help him I think. He is just looking like he is struggling even with the contest
    Spot on again, assuming his corky allows

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Sure, thought we were discussing footy though?
    I think tdl is a genuine forward and he gives us more going forwards than we lose - he really makes us go straighter and is a player that makes us as a team better. I would pick him every week

Percentage 151.4%
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Senior Player
    12 goal win without getting out of 2nd gear, not a great performance, Reid injury not serious, cant complain

I think tdl is a genuine forward and he gives us more going forwards than we lose - he really makes us go straighter and is a player that makes us as a team better. I would pick him every week
    Yes, he is a good forward, uses his body very well for a small forward. When in touch, he leads well, always kicks straight, very very good field kick, IMHO his best asset. If he can build a tank he would be very good in a mid/forward role.

However...... He does not chase hard enough on the way out. proved again tonight. Hangs off waiting forward, not pushing into dangerous positions when we don't have the ball. Simply, he does not work hard enough.
    Finally we disagree!!!
    Lol

Correction 151.31%
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

I didn't think TDL's pressure that bad. I thought all our deep forwards including Goodsie & LRT were a bit loose at times tonight. I thought even Maca when he played forward for a while was allowing his player a bit of ground on the kick ins. We seem to play the zone that allows them the first one or two kicks and this is no good against the Hawks or a side that has someone like Jetstar who can break the lines. They had a bloke like that in the second half tonight and he is very quick just like Jetstar. I think his name is Leon Patrick and he caused some consternation tonight.

I thought the first half was pretty ordinary. We played about 10 mins in the first that was really good but the second and the rest of the half was crap. The injury to Reid would not have helped our balance at all and restructuring didn't work too well.

The second half was much better but I still thought we overused the ball and fumbled our way to a win.

Yay- couldn't get 7mate up here at Nelson Bay- and the wireless was Steve And statics - but reading this yay doesn't matter how we got there - we won, we won well and we are stand alone first- no complaints from me- I think another drink is required. The unholy trinity are painting the town beige!

Totally agree. Nice to have an actual forward who tries to kick goals like a forward is meant to do. LRT & Benny play those defensive forward roles, we dont need everyone doing it. His pressure was good, he tackled and chased well. Did enough in my opinion to keep his spot and continue to make us dangerous when it goes inside 50. Good Job TDL!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast