Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Sydney Swans VS Gold Coast Suns

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I loved seeing Benny on Ablett.. It took me back to Crouch playing on Aker.. The Serial Pest...
    One of the highlights of the night, I thought.

Not much else to say; you'd hope for a 10-12 goal win against GC, we got it in the end, on to next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Geez I hope so. Losing Reid and Goodes for any length of time and we could be baked for 2012.
    Goodes a corky, depends how bad. Reid was moving very cleanly and his cruciate/cranial drawer exam seemed ok. Fingers crossed

Having to put up with the unbiased commentary of Alister Lynch made the game difficult to watch.

Why have him lead the comments during the game when he is clearly pumpng up GC !

Excellent game by Joey - Votes for sure.

Well one good thing about TDL (and I agree that he is almost there, will be good for the run, you know the drill) he sure has worked on his upper body - i mean ladies, am I the only one to notice the difference in his arms? or is it just me. Could be just me, I am an arms girl. Also legs. But arms.....Kells for instance....where was I , yes, I approve of the arms.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 31 hard at it View Post
    Having to put up with the unbiased commentary of Alister Lynch made the game difficult to watch.

Why have him lead the comments during the game when he is clearly pumpng up GC !

Excellent game by Joey - Votes for sure.
    Lynchy always used to talk us up when Roos was coaching, must be the Fitzroy connection. He obviously doesn't like Horse as much :P

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Huge credit has to go to LRT for his rate of improvement as a forward. When he first played down there it seemed to be that his brief was largely defensive. But he now leads very smartly, and none of his set shots for goal even looked like missing.

Good in parts tonight. Not a performance that is going to get the Hawks shaking in their boots, but we keep getting told it is still only July.

You can start to see the various parts of the Gold Coast side coming together. They do seem to have some strong contested ball winners - not just Ablett - and some exciting outside run too. Just need to tidy up their disposal under pressure and they will become a decent team pretty soon.
    They were the winners on the night. hard at it, very impressive. Not sure about their outside run yet, but clearly bluey has fixed up their contested work. Not looked at clearances yet but they woulld be close to 50% on the night close up

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    add Mumford to Reid and Goodes as 'bone on bone' can be weeks before he is free of pain. Hopefully Mummy can overcome it quickly, Reid just a scare we hope (remember Franklin & Johnson's knee scare in the finals last year and they both played the following week....and hopefuuly just a cork for Goodes. God help we need them fit knowing our upcoming games. Seperately, I did the ladder predictor before the weekend and worst case scenario had us coming 4th ahead of West Coast on percentage...assuming our only wins will be Blues and Bulldogs. Anything can happen with a double chance.

We have played better this year. Uneven and patchy. Backline beaut. Midfield good. Forward - out of sorts and uneven. Goodsey (elephant in the room) not moving right, I admit the goals, but he was not Goodsey. Peb worked his lovely arse off. LRT is a gem. Not a brilliant player no, but a hard worker and an asset when we need him most. Benny on Ablett was great fun to watch - what an angry little ant he is. Mike is getting better game by game - wish someone would unleash him and tell him to kick the bejesus out of that ball and not handball; he has a boomer of a kick. TDL needs more game time to get the rhythm of a senior match. Joey is going to be a "great" player. So is Kiz. I predict a shootout between those two for CC. Noticed Stuey was running and Crouch on the bench (then again the ressies played up there, but Crouchy has been running the last two games).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

We are in the 4, just a matter of where. Obviously hawks and pies are the big ones. Next week is big, can't afford to fall down again against crap sides ala Richmond/ saints. Then we roll into fordtown with confidence and 2 home finals.

If only we didn't have to play at bloody homebush we would be top 2 certainties and massive flag hopes

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    We are in the 4, just a matter of where. Obviously hawks and pies are the big ones. Next week is big, can't afford to fall down again against crap sides ala Richmond/ saints. Then we roll into fordtown with confidence and 2 home finals.

If only we didn't have to play at bloody homebush we would be top 2 certainties and massive flag hopes
    Dunno why you'd think that. We're no certainties at the SCG. We learned that last year.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dont get too far ahead.......we need to beat Carlton.I see the Hawks as the big game if we get over the Blues/Dogs...beating the Hawks could guarantee us top 2 along with Adelaide...Yes Adelaide..they have a soft run home. That would set the cat amongst the pidgeons in good old melb town!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Dunno why you'd think that. We're no certainties at the SCG. We learned that last year.
    Which wing would the pies outlet to at the scg?

How much space would either buddy or roughy get forward of 50?

How would cox drift around unchecked on the scg?

How would Thompson dominate inside knowing he has Douglas, van berlo, Vince and the porp to handball to at the scg?

Just a thought

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast