Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 V The Blues.

Play big mummy out of the square.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Without Judd, do we need to worry as much about their mosquito fleet?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    TDL needs to harden up ...fast.
    Did a few food things last night But felt that these were negated by a few clangers.
    This guy moves well but needs to lift intensity at this level.
    He also needs to shark off Goodes (who was great at making a contest but was always outnumbered 2-1 to the Suns credit).

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    Did a few good things last night But felt that these were negated by a few clangers.
    He also needs to shark off Goodes (who was great at making a contest but was always outnumbered 2-1 to the Suns credit).
    I think his tackling has improved but it still needs a lot of work. He doesn't pin the arms or put the player on the ground and you need to do at least one of these if you want to stop them disposing of it effectively. Maybe it's a strength thing, dunno.

Compare that to the tackle Parker laid in the Swans forward line where he grabbed the players wrist in the tackle and put him on the deck. He had no chance of an effective disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Simple swap, mummy in TDL out.

Mummy, mummy, mummy, Oi Oi Oi
    He's our big ruckman, a nasty big boy
    I think we should drop TDL, coz he has no chase
    Waiting for the Posts, that punch me in the face
    hahahahahahahahahaah

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Morton got quite a rap in the ressies report, wonder if they'll give him a go.
    I think we should, afterall why did we recruit him in the first place? And especially if goodsey doesnt play aswell. Spangher is due too isnt he? I dont see the reserves so wouldnt have a clue on form etc, but if someone gets quite a rap then perhaps they should get a go in the seniors.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Play big mummy out of the square.
    I don't mind this suggestion.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Morton got quite a rap in the ressies report, wonder if they'll give him a go.
    As I wrote in the ressie thread. Can't afford to have "selfless challenged" players in the team. (trying to be politically correct)
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

I am not sure if Morton is doing all the all things, like chase and tackle, that would make him the kind of player we would want in the side. But one thing we know he can do, is kick goals from just about anywhere. So it's probably a good percentage play for him to take the shot rather than pass it off to someone else. If good goal kickers are taking shots at goal, I don't consider that selfish. I would same about Jetta for example. If he's got a reasonable shot at goal, I'd back him to kick it, the way he's going this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    Did a few food things last night But felt that these were negated by a few clangers.
    Not much point in bringing him in for one game after playing in the reserves. It will take a few games to warm up to the intensity of the senior level. He clearly showed glimpses of what he can offer but just needs to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Not much point in bringing him in for one game after playing in the reserves. It will take a few games to warm up to the intensity of the senior level. He clearly showed glimpses of what he can offer but just needs to adjust.
    Rusty fine, lacking intensity, not fine

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    This. I thought he was just so-so yesterday, but he's not played much senior footy for nearly two seasons and it is to be expected that he will take time to adjust to the tempo. However, I expect he will be the first player to make way when others are due to return. Mumford is touted to be back next week, though Reid's knee tweak might save TDL for another week. That, and we are playing Carlton... Dennis Armfield wouild love to see TDL play.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast