Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 V The Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This. I thought he was just so-so yesterday, but he's not played much senior footy for nearly two seasons and it is to be expected that he will take time to adjust to the tempo. However, I expect he will be the first player to make way when others are due to return. Mumford is touted to be back next week, though Reid's knee tweak might save TDL for another week. That, and we are playing Carlton... Dennis Armfield wouild love to see TDL play.
    Hopefully TDL will be spurred on by his infamous efforts against Carlton to play a cracker of a game. Thought TDL played much better than Parker who looked like he needed another week in the ressies.
    I suspect Reid out (inj) and Mummy in.

Reid looks to be out for a while and Goodes seems ok.

Pretty simple equation then.

In: Mummy
    Out: Reid

Forward line of LRT, Goodes and TDL.

With Mummy enabling LRT to return to a forward/utility role, it means that effectively TDL is a replacement for Reid. I don't mind that.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    We were sadly lacking fwd 50 players that could take a contested mark last night.
    Fingers crossed Sam is ok.
    On a side note - Tom Lynch for the GC will be a gun.

On the veteran's list
    Swans website confirms Reid has a partial tear in the medial ligament. No surgery - expected to return in 2-3 weeks. (Not sure whether this translates to out for 2 to 3 or out for 1 or 2!)
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Swans website confirms Reid has a partial tear in the medial ligament. No surgery - expected to return in 2-3 weeks. (Not sure whether this translates to out for 2 to 3 or out for 1 or 2!)
    Very disappointing, white could well get his chance now

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Very disappointing, white could well get his chance now
    Reid will miss the eddiewood game. Hopefully back for the hawks. Very lucky its only that much. I don't think we will miss that much as he is not that dominating yet for the team to be so Reid focused. However, better in than out.

Shirley its time for the return of the Great White Hope!!!! Unless they throw a Spangher in it.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I haven't given up on Jesse, you never know he could do a Tom Hawkins and stand up in the finals... worth giving him a go next week if Mumford still not quite right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Simple swap, mummy in TDL out.

Mummy, mummy, mummy, Oi Oi Oi
    He's our big ruckman, a nasty big boy
    I think we should drop TDL, coz he has no chase
    Waiting for the Posts, that punch me in the face
    One problem Burt who is going to take Sam's place and Goodsie might be out too! So Mummy in for sure and also Morton. I look at the big picture Burt not stupid 'I don't like TDL' idiocy. TDL did a job last night. He was very good in attack even though they ignored him on the lead most times. He had arguably the best player other than Ablett on him in Jared Harbrow. If you look at the Suns every week Harbrow is in the best players and if it wasn't Harbrow he was asked to play on a Key Position player. That happened in the second quarter when I thought Horse really had no idea as to what he was going to do without Sam. The forward line was a mess as the mids and backs continually bombed the ball in long to an undersized forward structure. OK id Sam was there to at least bring the ball to ground but Goodsie against two or three or TDL against two not good!!! There should have been a shift in thinking when they knew Sam was out. Bring the ball in short and low or long and low!!!

They got it together in the third quarter and started to bring the ball in with much more poise and direction. It continued into the last but we still don't kill off a side!!!

I would be looking to change a few things this week. I want to see Morton get a game. Mummy back maybe Goodsie is injured we don't know yet. If he is then it is Reid & Goodsie for Mummy & Morton.

Looked at the replay of the Goodes injury and he clearly took a knee in the thigh, so it's not a hammy and he should be okay. So I think it will just be Mummy in for Reid. Small dilemma about who gets the vest, as Bird is too good not to start. If it looks like TDL, then perhaps we should give Morton a shot as the sub. Could be a good impact player if we need some x factor late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Looked at the replay of the Goodes injury and he clearly took a knee in the thigh, so it's not a hammy and he should be okay. So I think it will just be Mummy in for Reid. Small dilemma about who gets the vest, as Bird is too good not to start. If it looks like TDL, then perhaps we should give Morton a shot as the sub. Could be a good impact player if we need some x factor late in the game.
    Parker to sub. Thought he looked rusty and tired.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Parker to sub. Thought he looked rusty and tired.
    That's more a reason to play him than not, as it was with Goodes
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast