Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 V The Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    As I wrote in the ressie thread. Can't afford to have "selfless challenged" players in the team. (trying to be politically correct)
    Speaking of which, did anyone else notice tdl hesitate before hand balling to Goodes as he ran into an open goal? I'm guessing he was
    waiting for Goodes to run into position (terrible camera work as usual) but I did think it would have been a good way for him to get a rest next week - not passing to his captain in front of goal.

^ Yes, I thought he was just drawing the opposition player while Goodes made position.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    One problem Burt who is going to take Sam's place and Goodsie might be out too! So Mummy in for sure and also Morton. I look at the big picture Burt not stupid 'I don't like TDL' idiocy. TDL did a job last night. He was very good in attack even though they ignored him on the lead most times. He had arguably the best player other than Ablett on him in Jared Harbrow. If you look at the Suns every week Harbrow is in the best players and if it wasn't Harbrow he was asked to play on a Key Position player. That happened in the second quarter when I thought Horse really had no idea as to what he was going to do without Sam. The forward line was a mess as the mids and backs continually bombed the ball in long to an undersized forward structure. OK id Sam was there to at least bring the ball to ground but Goodsie against two or three or TDL against two not good!!! There should have been a shift in thinking when they knew Sam was out. Bring the ball in short and low or long and low!!!

They got it together in the third quarter and started to bring the ball in with much more poise and direction. It continued into the last but we still don't kill off a side!!!
    It has nothing to do with liking or disliking TDL. He just does not work hard enough and falls off too many tackles for a small forward (or any for that matter) in modern football. Until he lifts his work rate and intensity I would not have him in the side. It makes rebounding too easy for opposition sides. He has the skills to play, just not the work rate or desperation. Watch Reid, LRT and mcglynn and how hard they work off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Very disappointing, white could well get his chance now
    Don't you mean White could get yet another chance?

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd be surprised to see White come in unless Mumford doesn't come up for the game. The way Jesse has been used in the reserves this year suggests they have given up on him being a full-time forward but are trying to improve his ability as a mobile "second ruck" who can also kick a few goals. So if Mumford is not available, he is the obvious option to support Pyke, with LRT to play as a full time forward (as he was anyway once Mumford returned but his presence is more important in Reid's absence).

Otherwise, if they want another tall forward target, Spangher is the most obvious option with Walsh also injured at the moment. But I suspect Spangher's lack of continuity of playing this year is going to make it hard for them to pick him.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Don't you mean White could get yet another chance?
    Well, yes, probably more accurate. Although with Everitt to come back in depends how bad goodes corky is.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Hopefully TDL will be spurred on by his infamous efforts against Carlton to play a cracker of a game. Thought TDL played much better than Parker who looked like he needed another week in the ressies.
    I suspect Reid out (inj) and Mummy in.
    Parker was probably going to be subbed off but with Reid's injury that couldn't happen. I thought he looked knackered in the second quarter, but showed some more energy after half time. Definitely keep him in and in the starting line-up for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'd be surprised to see White come in unless Mumford doesn't come up for the game. The way Jesse has been used in the reserves this year suggests they have given up on him being a full-time forward but are trying to improve his ability as a mobile "second ruck" who can also kick a few goals. So if Mumford is not available, he is the obvious option to support Pyke, with LRT to play as a full time forward (as he was anyway once Mumford returned but his presence is more important in Reid's absence).

Otherwise, if they want another tall forward target, Spangher is the most obvious option with Walsh also injured at the moment. But I suspect Spangher's lack of continuity of playing this year is going to make it hard for them to pick him.
    Me too re White, but you never know. I DO think Horse has (or at least had) a soft spot for Jesse and has given him more chances than many coaches might have. Spangher is probably the preferred choice, but as you say Liz, lack of continuity and fitness will probably rule him out. In which case, I'd say we can expect to see Everitt.

Not sure who should go out for Mummy. Another challenging week at the selection table.

Not much being said about Goodes so hope the corking isn't serious. Looked more like he was holding his hamstring than his thigh.

What a pleasant change to see even the die-hard LRT haters suspending their usual drum beating. (I know, it's only Monday.)
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Surely the carlton game is perfect for mitch morton to come on and dominate.

In: Mummy, Morton.
    Out: Reid, TDL.

I have a sneaky suspicition that Goodes may be rested this week. You dont want to muck around with hamstrings this close to the finals. In which case, TDL will stay or Everitt to come in.

Forward line becomes: Talls: LRT, Resting-ruck. Mediums: Goodes/TDL/Everitt, Morton. Smalls: McGlynn + "midfielder of choice"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Surely the carlton game is perfect for mitch morton to come on and dominate.

In: Mummy, Morton.
    Out: Reid, TDL.
    Why is it the perfect game for Morton domination? They're hardly GWS.

No idea what role Everitt played for the reserves on the weekend but he seems to be the forgotten man in terms of being the third tall forward in the lineup. He's never really shone in any one reserves game but has still managed to earn a recall when there have been gaps to fill in the seniors and I think he'll be right in contention when the extended squad of 25 is named on Thursday night.

Mitch Morton did play some very good games for the tigers. He can dominate. he just needs discipline and consistancy. Hopefully a year at the swans has done that. He did kick 9 in the two's last week. He's a mature, hard bodied player, who could be our suprise packet like Spranger was last year. Needs to break into the seniors in the next 2-3 weeks, or he wont be considered for finals.

He was the tigers leading goal kicker in 2009, with 41. he can play if his mind is right.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I wouldnt have thought you would want to bring in a player with Richmond experience against Carlton.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

I think people have been a bit harsh on TDL. He had 11 disposals, 5 tackles , 2 goals and 2 goal assists. He replaced everitt who has only gotten those sort of stats against GWS. I feel like a broken record but in my opinoin that is all your going to get out of a player like TDL. He tries hard, he leads well, hes not as strong as some of our midfielders at tackling but if he can provide 3 or 4 tackles , 2 goals and 2 goals assists a game hes doing okay. Give him a week or two to get used to the pace of the game before we condemn him but really dont expect him to be kicking seven goals either.

Im not sold on Morton and I think TDLs as good a goal sneak as he is.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast