Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magic on Q&A tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I initially dismissed David Pocock as being unable to answer a question until I woke up to the fact that this is a young man who thinks things through before saying an awful lot with a few measured words. Made me listen carefully to what he had to say next. What an interesting character.
    Great rugby player to boot. He will join a long list of former Wallaby captains who leave a positive legacy for the game they play in some other heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Great rugby player to boot. He will join a long list of former Wallaby captains who leave a positive legacy for the game they play in some other heaven.
    Also a long list from Zimbabwe

Happy and I know it
    I initially dismissed David Pocock as being unable to answer a question until I woke up to the fact that this is a young man who thinks things through before saying an awful lot with a few measured words. Made me listen carefully to what he had to say next. What an interesting character.
    I agree. Had never heard of Pocock before (don't follow rugby at all) but he was thoughtful and respectful. JA was totally outclassed by the rest of the panel, which was made up of articulate and intelligent people. Mick O was excellent - so forthright.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Happy and I know it
    There's a great interview with Mick O on the Radio National podcasts list. What a man.

Micky O: the story of Michael O'Loughlin - Life Matters - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Agree...initially I thought he was the proverbiable stunned mullet...then realised he was the opposite of a lot of people who just talk while they are making it up on the fly(is it racist if I say Americans here?). Loved it when Shane Gould offered to give him swimming lessons!!!
    Mickey was really good on occasions but I was squirming when they asked that question about the swimmer with a bad past.....Micky could have been in a lot of trouble but you could see he was thinking seriously about his answer.
    Showed some good flashes of humour which counts well in my book.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Thinking about a question before answering with a considered opinion is a much underrated asset these days. He was engaging and honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Also a long list from Zimbabwe
    If rugby can find two Wallaby captains, maybe there are some future Swans there too.

Geez I love Micky.
    A true gentleman.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

How I wish Mick was still playing, we'd be unbeatable, well, in my mind anyway lol
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12